what kind of issues does your 9800 have ?

I heard complaints from users that the OS freezes, keyboard is too small, the touch screen isn't responsive.
    10-21-10 11:28 PM
    Sometimes when I do a universal search for something and select web browser it freezes...that's about the only issue I have with my Torch.
    10-21-10 11:34 PM
    Mine doesn't make toast..its so annoying..

Seriously tho no issues with mine (yet)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 11:34 PM
    Most OS based issues have been fixed in the .246 release. I never had a problem with the OS freezing. I had some lag when running .141 but that went away with .225 and .246.
    10-21-10 11:35 PM
    do you guys think it is worth upgrade from the Bold 9000 ?
    10-21-10 11:41 PM
    I upgraded from the Bold 9000 and I love the Torch. The only thing I miss about the Bold is the larger keyboard but it didn't take long to adjust to the Torch. Does Rogers offer a trial period? With AT&T you can return it within 30 days if you don't like it.
    10-21-10 11:45 PM
    I upgraded from the Bold 9000 and I love the Torch. The only thing I miss about the Bold is the larger keyboard but it didn't take long to adjust to the Torch. Does Rogers offer a trial period? With AT&T you can return it within 30 days if you don't like it.
    Did you sell your old Bold ?

how much does the Bold worth with extra large batter ? my Bold is still in excellent condition.

Where do you sell the Bold ?
    10-21-10 11:47 PM
    I still have my Bold. I always keep my last phone as a backup just in case something happens. If you want to sell yours, there is a marketplace in this forum and you could try Ebay or Craigslist. I would search Ebay to get an idea of how much they are selling for now.
    10-21-10 11:50 PM
    my Blackberry torch tends to be very offensive to most iphone 4 owners.
    and i can't seem to address the issue even with a battery pull.
    10-21-10 11:51 PM
    I used to have a really crappy pantech matrix, very simple texting phone. Now I upgraded to the Torch. My first Blackberry. I was extremely excited for it yet I've found a couple small annoyances.

The battery seems to not last long for me at all. I talk on the phone 3-4 hrs a day but still that should not mean my battery is done by the end of the day. I turn off all internet services unless using them to conserve battery.

Also I find when I first unlock the phone to look at a new text or email it lags for a couple seconds which over time gets frustrating. Besides these two things I absolutely love it.
    10-21-10 11:56 PM
    I used to have a really crappy pantech matrix, very simple texting phone. Now I upgraded to the Torch. My first Blackberry. I was extremely excited for it yet I've found a couple small annoyances.

The battery seems to not last long for me at all. I talk on the phone 3-4 hrs a day but still that should not mean my battery is done by the end of the day. I turn off all internet services unless using them to conserve battery.

Also I find when I first unlock the phone to look at a new text or email it lags for a couple seconds which over time gets frustrating. Besides these two things I absolutely love it.
    What OS are you running? If you're on AT&T and haven't updated then you are still running .141 which did have a lot of lag. The lag is gone in the current version (.246) and I think the battery life is also better.
    10-21-10 11:58 PM
    What OS are you running? If you're on AT&T and haven't updated then you are still running .141 which did have a lot of lag. The lag is gone in the current version (.246) and I think the battery life is also better.
    To be honest, I have no clue. I've only had the phone for a week hahaha =/. Like the site says, I'm a newbie
    10-22-10 12:00 AM
    To be honest, I have no clue. I've only had the phone for a week hahaha =/. Like the site says, I'm a newbie
    I would suggest upgrading. You can do it through desktop manager or on the phone. To do it on the phone go to options->device->software updates.
    10-22-10 12:07 AM
    Simply use Universal Search..start typing About Device..and then click the extension that comes up. You'll see lots of mumbo jumbo but third line down you should see "6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246). This v number is the current "version" of the OS. If yours says v6.0.0.141 then I'd suggest upgrading.

10-22-10 12:09 AM
    After updating to .246 I haven't had any problems. No lag at all. My past two Torch's I owned had build quality issues, but now I have a very solid one.

I have no complaints.
    10-22-10 01:11 AM
    I have 246 installed. The only issues I can point out are issues that I am sure everyone has.

1. Hold button is pushed way too easily. How hard would it be to make unlocking a double-tap?

2. The silence button is a waste of a button. Why can't the use of that button be programmable like the single convenience key on the side? Like maybe a shortcut to Options > Device > Device info so I can see the battery remaining percentage.

3. The SMS conversation issue. Please fix that; it's such a pain to have to scroll down 10-15 messages to read your new SMS.

The more I use my 9800, the more I find myself asking... "Do I really need a touch-screen?" I love the keyboard shortcuts and the optical sensor... Come to think of it, do I really need 6GB of data...!?
    10-22-10 02:23 AM
    The only issue I have with this phone is the handset volume, other than that it is perfect for me.
    10-22-10 02:41 AM
    I had two bad quality builds but this #3 seems fine. I really love it. I had to option last night to get a different phone altogether and I stuck with it. Don't make me regret this rim *shakes fist* who am I kidding, the phone will be EOL in 10 months and I'm putting out more cash like a sucker lol

10-22-10 08:39 AM
    I love my phone more than most of my other toys (btw, running .246) but, since you asked:

1) the SMS issue (having to scroll halfway down) which I'm certain will be corrected on the next build

2) the lock button being too easy to click. I like the double-tap idea for unlocking

3) The speakerphone volume. Mine is way too quiet - something I'm sure they'll fix next build.

4) I've found my virtual keyboard is much slower/less responsive than my iTouch. I don't like Apple products but I've got to give them kudos on doing what they do.

5) I've had a lot of input problems. Usually when writing longer emails or internet posts (I can't remember the exact wording of the error) the input system will have to restart. I don't know what it means but it's a pain to have that little pop-up show up all the time.

Overall, however, coming from the S1, this phone is magnificent. I really think when the new builds start coming out I'll be so much happier than I already am. Here's hoping they come out with more EastAsia packs because I can't afford to lose mine \o/
    10-22-10 09:17 AM
    For those complaining about the lock button..simply try BEIKS keyboard locker. It allows you to designate another button for your unlock (i use my BB button) and can also be customized to "time out" and lock along the same intervals as your screen blacking out. I love having a 2nd lock button without having to do a "pattern" on my screen. There is a free trial version of this app and it's definately worth it to at least try it out.
    10-22-10 09:22 AM
    One complaint is that the phone unlocks very easily since just about anything coming in contact with the lock/unlock button presses/depresses the button...

Another might that browsing still seems slow, its ok on wifi.
    10-22-10 09:58 AM
    No problems at all. OS 6.0.0.246 Build 695, running with BES (work) and BIS (personal).
    My OS never freezes, the keyboard size seems good too me and the touch screen is smooth and responsive. IMO the Torch touch screen is about 95% as good as my kids iTouch 3rd gen screens, just a little smaller.
    I frequently use just about everything on the Torch while also using all 3 wireless connection options.
    The Torch is an excellent smart phone. I came from an 8830 World Edition so for me it was quite a leap. The 8830 is/was a very good phone too.
    10-22-10 11:19 AM
    No problems at all. OS 6.0.0.246 Build 695, running with BES (work) and BIS (personal).
    My OS never freezes, the keyboard size seems good too me and the touch screen is smooth and responsive. IMO the Torch touch screen is about 95% as good as my kids iTouch 3rd gen screens, just a little smaller.
    I frequently use just about everything on the Torch while also using all 3 wireless connection options.
    The Torch is an excellent smart phone. I came from an 8830 World Edition so for me it was quite a leap. The 8830 is/was a very good phone too.
    Interesting. I never knew that both BIS and BES could be utilized from the same phone.
    10-22-10 02:28 PM
    do you guys think it is worth upgrade from the Bold 9000 ?
    Yes! That's what I did. I loved the 9000 and wasn't about to switch, but I am not looking back. The Torch is awesome. You will not regret it.

My only regret is that I didn't upgrade the day the Torch was released. I listened to all the negative reviews, and I shouldn't have. I love this phone.
    10-22-10 03:08 PM
    I came to the Torch from a 9000 and never looked back. I gave the 9000 to my sister in law and she loves it too, so we're all happy!

The Torch is the best device of its type that I ever owned and I highly recommend it.
    10-22-10 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD