What is the best GPS Google Maps application for a Torch 9810? I am heading to Florida (I live in Ontario, Canada) and am considering using my Torch for navigation. Should I just use the BlackBerry Traffic which is voice only? Should I just buy a GPS unit (too expensive of an add-on with a rental car) because the roaming charges in the US will be expensive$$!!
    02-27-13 01:46 PM
    Download BB Navigator from blackberry.com/beta
    02-27-13 01:50 PM
    Google maps are great and easy to use now that they fixed download issue. You can download it from you phone (not pc) from this google link I got from m.google.com/maps. Here is the link and it's the latest version. http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad
    you can search the threads on here regarding this link and the issues that had to be fixed when the new 4.3.x version came out in Dec. If you are on your pc, cut and paste this to your email client or web service and email it to yourself on your phone--than just click on it. BTW, BB World is selling a version of it for $1.99 but this is free from Google.
    This link provided by Google adds the BB file to it so you don't have to cut and paste it. If you don't trust the link, you can search on your phone browser at www.m.google.com/maps and it will give you the same m.google/BB download above but the one above is good to use as I used it to download it on my 9810. Enjoy-Go1ndr
    02-27-13 04:07 PM
    Thanks, I downloaded version 4.5.3 dl.google.com
    02-27-13 09:26 PM
    I think the OP is looking for an offline GPS app to avoid roaming data charges. Does Google Maps support caching for offline mode?
    02-27-13 09:45 PM
    Seriously? the fatal error is fixed? I was using google maps v3
    02-27-13 10:13 PM
    How bad is BBMaps compared to GMaps?
    I've used both and my criteria for using BBMaps was... hmm, storage.
    02-28-13 07:17 AM
    BB Maps is about as accurate as most mapping apps are. I have used it to get around San Antonio, DC, Indianapolis and many other cities.
    02-28-13 01:08 PM
    Blackberry has official stores in India, but BB maps don't work here
    crumpled50 likes this.
    02-28-13 01:47 PM
    Seriously? the fatal error is fixed? I was using google maps v3
    Yes, for sometime now. Someone first introduced a work-around on the CB formus/apps, and then finally someone put together the actual string command so that you are one click away. Great job to whoever did it. I've had Gmaps on my 9810 for about two months now (newest version) as the old one was wiped with my last upgraded OS. With the work-around, I had to cut and paste some jad files into the folder and then download the version 3.x first--then upgrade to the 4.3.x version currently on. It went smoothly and was up and running at once. But with the newest link that I posted above, it is automatic and you will notice that the link as the "googlemaps.jad on it. With regards to the cashing, I don't honestly know as I've never downloaded a map, just used it through GPS when needed.
    How bad is BBMaps compared to GMaps?
    I've used both and my criteria for using BBMaps was... hmm, storage.
    I think both BB Maps/traffic and Google Maps are about equal and use both when needed. Honestly, my car has a great nav system on it so I use it mostly but use Google when in a rental or just in a town walking around. Both are really good. BBTraffic is outstanding in the greater Los Angeles area.
    02-28-13 03:05 PM
    Doesn't work off-line, but I use Waze which is a good free GPS program. I have a 9810 charging stand stuck on my dash and it works great.
    02-28-13 03:10 PM
    check with your carrier about an "international roaming plan" usually it can be cheaper to set that up than paying the full roaming charges. otherwise you will spend a lot of time at Panera's and Starbucks looking for wifi. My wife gets it for her trips to Ireland and cancels a month later.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-28-13 10:03 PM
    Easy ??? Not co mpared to the Be'le version of Nokia ,aps ! Does anyone knoe does anyone know of a decent maps app for the Torch 2? E.g. , woth route options and voice guidance ,plus turn by turn navigation ? Thanks !!
    03-10-13 04:57 PM
    Download BB Navigator from blackberry.com/beta
    C'mon, you're directing someone to Beta Zone? In any event, it's not available on the 9810 in the U.S. even if the person were eligible for the program in the U.S.
    03-14-13 06:09 AM
    C'mon, you're directing someone to Beta Zone? In any event, it's not available on the 9810 in the U.S. even if the person were eligible for the program in the U.S.
    it is
    03-14-13 06:12 AM
    it is
    I take that back, sort of. It was leaked last week. (I won't provide the link, but if you Google BlackBerry Navigator v7.1.0.609 . . .)

In any event, it's not available for me on Beta Zone, and there are a host of other programs there for which I'm eligible.
    03-14-13 08:59 AM
    That's funny, I have the 9810 and live in the US, and I downloaded blackberry navigator from beta zone ae weeks ago.

It is awesome, and it also gets its nav data from tomtom.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-15-13 09:58 AM
    The Beta Zone says that BlackBerry Navigator is to be in BlackBerry World in the next 24 hours. It is out of Beta. However when I search for it from my phone, it doesn't show up.
    03-15-13 03:41 PM
    Awww, don't tell me Canada got shut out of Navigator.
    03-16-13 01:23 AM