So I've got about 16 hours on my Torch. It seems like any manipulation I want to do has to be done with the sliding keyboard open... as an example, selecting multiple emails for deletion; can I do that without the "shift" key on the keyboard?
    11-05-10 12:16 PM
    Touch the first email you wish to start with, then without lifting your finger touch one farther down. Those two emails, and all emails in between will be highlighted.
    11-05-10 12:24 PM
    You can do that with two fingers. Press & hold the first email, then the last email in the list that you want to delete, and the option will pop up just as if you hit the shift key.
    11-05-10 12:24 PM
    Wow! We posted at the same time haha
    11-05-10 12:25 PM
    A couple other quick ones for the message list:

touch and hold on an item to bring up the quick menu, which will allow you to do such things as delete, mark as read, reply, forward, etc.

When in an email, swipe left or right across the screen to move to the next or previous message.
    11-05-10 12:26 PM
    Touch the first email you wish to start with, then without lifting your finger touch one farther down. Those two emails, and all emails in between will be highlighted.
    Well, that's interesting--but it allows you only to select as many emails as are viewable on a single page, is that right? Maybe, 6-8?

A couple other quick ones for the message list:
    touch and hold on an item to bring up the quick menu, which will allow you to do such things as delete, mark as read, reply, forward, etc.
    When in an email, swipe left or right across the screen to move to the next or previous message.
    The quick menu is handy (if a little slow to pop up, and that's probably not configurable); I wasn't aware of the left & right swipe. That may come in handy.
    11-05-10 04:34 PM
    It's a BlackBerry of course you can change how long it takes!

Options -> Typing and Input -> Touchscreen Sensitivity

Its Hover Interval.

I believe the default is 400 I have mine set at 200.
    (and just in case you are curious I have the Tap Interval at 400, and Swipe Sensitivity at 6)
    11-05-10 05:02 PM
    Well, that's interesting--but it allows you only to select as many emails as are viewable on a single page, is that right? Maybe, 6-8?
    Negative..just did a little playing with this and you can select however many emails you would like. Heres how i accomplished it:

With left finger select first email you wish to highlight, then with second finger select the one at the bottom of the screen. Once all these are highlighted..simply release both fingers..then using your finger scroll the page down revealing un-highlighted messages, then simply tap again at the bottom of the screen. This will continue highlighting as many messages as you want for whatever purpose you want.
    11-05-10 05:15 PM
    I understand the OPs frustration. I had this problem because I would wait until Friday to move all emails to folders and I would sort by sender and file them accordingly. I like selecting all emails and moving in one swoop. The idea of using the touch screen to move the emails can be pretty annoying because you can only select a few emails at a time. So I just use the shift key and scroll to select multiple emails.
    11-05-10 05:19 PM
    I understand the OPs frustration. I had this problem because I would wait until Friday to move all emails to folders and I would sort by sender and file them accordingly. I like selecting all emails and moving in one swoop. The idea of using the touch screen to move the emails can be pretty annoying because you can only select a few emails at a time. So I just use the shift key and scroll to select multiple emails.
    See my post above
    11-05-10 05:43 PM
    See my post above
    I stand corrected. I guess we were typing our messages at the same time. I hadn't read your post.
    11-05-10 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD