I've really noticed an improvement in the touch screen. It responds a lot better. The pinch zoom works great now. I still have 3-3 1/2 minute boot times though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 12:33 AM
    3 minute boot is pretty snappy for a berry
    10-12-10 01:15 AM
    3 minutes :s I got like 2 minutes max to boot often times its under a minute.
    10-12-10 07:44 AM
    90-120 seconds for me. Same way it was on all the later 5.0 OS builds of my Bold 9000.
    10-12-10 08:42 AM
    around 120 secs for me
    10-12-10 09:05 AM
    It has improved the response of the touch screen. I came from a bold and some of the games and apps I had on it do not work on OS6. Still a worthwhile update.
    10-12-10 09:08 AM
    I don't like that it resets my favourites every time I do I battery pull :\
    10-12-10 09:21 AM
    No problems with boot times here on my Torch, but the .246 "Dropping Favourites" issues is a HUGE pain in the behind!!!

It's not even just when you pull the battery - it's on any reboot or even on the nightly shut-down/ morning power-up...

Hopefully RIM is fully aware of this one and fixing ASAP.

Kev
    10-12-10 09:24 AM
    Mines came pre-loaded with .246 (in the uk) so I love everything about it, theres no problems with the device on my end, everything works well
    10-12-10 09:32 AM
    I don't like that I can't arrange the icons how I want them. For instance, if I move my text messages icon and then swipe to a favorites screen and then swipe back to the All screen, I will find that the text message icon as moved back to where it originally was. Very annoying.

10-12-10 09:59 AM
    mine shipped with .246 so not sure if earlier versions had this issue. mine right now wont allow me to click on phone numbers directly from any web page, email, sms, or bbm. this is something i used to be able to do on my 9000
    10-12-10 10:01 AM
    I haven't tried to click on a phone number with 246 but this could definitely be done with the previous version.

10-12-10 10:04 AM
    mine shipped with .246 so not sure if earlier versions had this issue. mine right now wont allow me to click on phone numbers directly from any web page, email, sms, or bbm. this is something i used to be able to do on my 9000
    Really? That's odd, that feature has been around since the launch of 5.0 OS. I think even 4.6 was capable of that as well. I haven't had any issue with that not working on my torch. Have you tried selecting the phone number with your track pad as well? Just to see if maybe its your touch screen?

10-12-10 10:49 AM
    I don't like that I can't arrange the icons how I want them. For instance, if I move my text messages icon and then swipe to a favorites screen and then swipe back to the All screen, I will find that the text message icon as moved back to where it originally was. Very annoying.

Hmmm this is annoying but I think you described it incorrectly. My problem is making an application a favorite, and then organizing my favorites the way I want them too. My favorites only stay arranged the way I want them until the next time I restart my phone, then the favorites are re-organized back to the way Blackberry already had them. This is weird, and I'm sure it's a software glitch.

Also, I don't know if this is supposed to happen but it's happened on both OS's I've used. I have set the Menu bar on the homescreen to show 2 rows always, by simply raising it manually it sets there. Everytime my phone restarts it goes back to showing 1 row and I need to re-set it to 2 rows. This is no big issue, I just don't understand why it cannot save the way I intend it to be.
    10-12-10 11:38 AM
    Really? That's odd, that feature has been around since the launch of 5.0 OS. I think even 4.6 was capable of that as well. I haven't had any issue with that not working on my torch. Have you tried selecting the phone number with your track pad as well? Just to see if maybe its your touch screen?

no, normally all numbers are underlined allowing you to click on it. and yes ive had this since 4.6 on my 9000. it now doesnt give me the option to click whatsoever. it appears as reegular text. only way for me to dial the number now is to copy and paste. i started a threead on this couple days back already. no one seems to know what the prob is. one guy stated it could possibly be only people from canada, as everyone on us carriers had no issues where as myself and others from canadian carriers couldnt do it. its a **** off. that function was gold.
    10-12-10 11:40 AM
    Version .246 fixed bug with Google Sync where you could not open the 'options' menu after the initial setup. Also seems quicker all around
    10-12-10 11:43 AM
    Mine came preloaded with .246 ( Rogers - Canada )

Ive had it for about 24 hours now, its going good.

The main thing I miss coming from an iPhone4 is the screen orientation lock.. I hate how it rotates everytime I turn the device even a little bit, wish BlackBerry added a lock feature, it'd save me from spending $5 on an APP that should have come pre-loaded.

Other than that, things seem to be going well so far.
    10-12-10 12:07 PM
    to me when I move any icon on home screen, it remains there even after os updates. for example, in the first two rows, I keep phone, message, contacts, bbm, calender, task, social feed and these are as it is even after updating from .225 to .246. I normally reset my torch once in two days, icons are as it is.
    prithvi
    10-12-10 12:41 PM
    I like that the touch screen is a lot more responsive now. Web pages load up a bit quicker as well. Even the camera seems to work a little better for me.

The only bug I've encountered is multiple SMS from the same person. It doesn't happen all the time but happens enough for one to take notice.
    10-12-10 01:06 PM
    Did the software update fix the SMS bug where you go back into a thread and it didn't always lead with the most recent message?
    10-12-10 02:23 PM
    +1 to what Covers88 said.....one of the most useful functions is no longer working!!! Being able to dial directly from a webpage by just tapping the phone number was invaluable. Now the numbers arent highlighted or underlined and as he said the only way to do it now is copy/paste....a real bummer.
    10-12-10 03:31 PM
    Did the software update fix the SMS bug where you go back into a thread and it didn't always lead with the most recent message?
    I have the new OS, and my texts are still doing this. It's driving me nuts!
    It also doesn't allow me to type "t" or "b" to move to the top or bottom of a text quickly, or it wouldn't be an issue!

I kinda miss "alt + delete" deleting anything I have typed in a text (it drove me nuts when I hit it by accident on my 9700, but now I miss it)!
    10-12-10 03:34 PM
    The more I use it the faster the os seems to be getting. At the moment the input field on the on screen key is my only b****. I can't get it lined up. Still 3 1/2 minute boots. I'm not complaining about the boot time. All my BBs have taken a long time. Just somebody on here has said they had 90 seconds and I just don't see it happening.

10-12-10 07:48 PM
    10-12-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD