in the long battle to solve my 10% per hour battery drain issue, i snagged a new FS-1 battery from crackberry.com. the new battery, according to the engineering menu, is a 132 (Maxell FS1). my coworkers battery is original also and he gets 1% drain per hour under normal use. his says 131 (Sanyo FS1). the battery that came brand new in box with my Torch is also a 131 (Sanyo FS1).

also, the original battery says it was made in japan, the new one i got from crackberry was made in china. just curious if you guys could check your engineering menu and maybe comment on who manufactured your FS-1 and what your battery life is like.

get your escreen unlock code here....

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

go into the escreen (alt + right shift + h) > os engineering > battery monitoring
    Last edited by dictoresno; 12-16-10 at 07:34 PM.
    12-16-10 07:25 PM
    Mine is Sanyo also and its all good.

- Charles
    12-16-10 08:00 PM
    Mine is Battery:131 (Sanyo-FS1) and it is atrocious. If not in a pouch the
    discharge rate is about 1% per 30 minutes.

Before anyone suggest the oft mentioned steps to increase battery life, been there.
    The battery is just crap. Hopefully the replacement will be better.
    12-16-10 10:02 PM
    Mine is Battery:131 (Sanyo-FS1) and it is atrocious. If not in a pouch the
    discharge rate is about 1% per 30 minutes.

Before anyone suggest the oft mentioned steps to increase battery life, been there.
    The battery is just crap. Hopefully the replacement will be better.
    yea my drain is 1% every 10 mins according to BatteryEx. its unbelievable. i bought a new battery and im testing out now to see if its any better. if not, im going get a replacement as i think its gotta be a hardware issue.
    12-16-10 10:21 PM
    I already called AT&T about this and the new battery should be here any day now.
    I'll keep you posted on the BB Meter results.
    12-16-10 10:58 PM
    I already called AT&T about this and the new battery should be here any day now.
    I'll keep you posted on the BB Meter results.
    i shouldve done that before going and buying a new battery. ugh. i wish more people would chime in with their drain rates so we can figure out what the deal is.
    12-17-10 12:05 AM
    New battery is in and charging.

Battery: 132 (Maxell-FS1)
    Made in China (the original battery was made in Mexico
    but I doubt that is of any material merit)
    12-18-10 01:11 PM
    Original battery, cell made in Japan, assembled in Mexico, 131 (sanyo fs-1).

Perhaps look at the lot code? Don't know if it means anything but it would at least it would tell us if there all the same lot that's bad.
    Mine is:
    DC 100608 JSMAA 00375

According to bb-meter, average discharge rate is 3.2%. I also installed that my bb batt app that was on the front page the other day(give you the amount of time left till at 10%), that seams to think i have about 14 hours left till 10% and I'm currently at 53% left.
    I don't think that reports correctly as it seams to jump around a lot. From the time I take it off the charger in the morning it tells me 27 hours to 10%. I havn't used it long enough to really tell if its true or not though.
    12-18-10 04:16 PM
    Perhaps look at the lot code? Don't know if it means anything but it would at least it would tell us if there all the same lot that's bad.
    Mine is:
    DC 100608 JSMAA 00375
    I'm game. Never can have too much info where troubleshooting is concerned

Original battery:
    DC100719 JSM AB 05874 Assembled in Mexico (drained rapidly)
    Replacement battery: DC100716 WMGQA01017 Made in China (too early too tell)
    12-18-10 05:09 PM
    Eh, if you are having that many issues order a different one. I just found one online for under $10. ioffer_com/i/replacement-f-s1-battery-for-blackberry-torch-9800-at-t-165403977 www out in front and a .com of course.
    12-27-10 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD