I have an unlocked, jailbroken Torch 9800 and I live in the Bahamas. I have an unlimited data plan and I am able to use my social media tools (FB, for example) and access my emails connected to gmail but I can't get on the internet. Everytime I try to do it it says, contact your local service provider. I'm wondering if I need to enable something (or disable something for that matter) or if i really do need to go back to the phone store to see if they will be able to help me.
    01-20-11 08:36 AM
    jailbroken... torch. .

Hahahaaaaa.

Because The browser goes though the BIS. You need to call the service that the 9800 was on at first anfd get them to give access to your MEID to the company in bamahamas/
    01-20-11 08:42 AM
    jailbroken... torch. .
    Maybe the torch squeezed out of the city jail and ran away?

01-20-11 09:06 AM
    I have an unlocked, jailbroken Torch 9800 and I live in the Bahamas. I have an unlimited data plan and I am able to use my social media tools (FB, for example) and access my emails connected to gmail but I can't get on the internet. Everytime I try to do it it says, contact your local service provider. I'm wondering if I need to enable something (or disable something for that matter) or if i really do need to go back to the phone store to see if they will be able to help me.
    You need to have a BlackBerry specific data plan - a regular data plan will not work. Is that something your carrier offers?
    01-20-11 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD