If an iPhone can watch netflix, why can't the torch? IPhone has an app, torch doesn't??!!!!!! Wow. The Torch is capable isn't it? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 08:15 PM
    Its not whether its capable or not i'm fact all BBs os 4.6 and higher are capable but it depends on whether or not Netflix chooses to develope an app for it. I sure hope they're currently working on one *fingers crossed*.

12-28-10 08:32 PM
    Browser on blackberries is way slower than iphone or android so no there's currently no netflix available.
    12-28-10 08:39 PM
    If an iPhone can watch netflix, why can't the torch? IPhone has an app, torch doesn't??!!!!!! Wow. The Torch is capable isn't it? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

All BlackBerries (including some of the last OS4.5 devices) can support RTSP streaming video, it's very obvious as you can watch YouTube videos on a 9700, 9800 or even a 9000.

However Netflix have been rather lacklustre in their support for mobile device streaming beyond iPhone, You need remember that Netflix was allowed onto Apple TV, and as a requirement of that, they likely were forced into an iPhone app.

Furthermore, Netflix have come out and said that (unsurprisingly) securing a single form of DRM across all mobile device platforms which suits the liking of the film industry is no small task, Netflix had an immense amount of time to plan, develop, test, redevelop and refine their DRM solution for Windows Phone 7 which also has Netflix.

Browser on blackberries is way slower than iphone or android so no there's currently no netflix available.
    Incorrect. Very little of this has to do with the browser, It's all about the media player, and WebKit is more than sufficient to get started with.
    12-28-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD