I have tried to install Vlingo on my Torch. It locks up at step 6/7 sync contacts. all my contacts are in the default list like they say they need to be. I have left the install on for several hrs to see if that help with no luck. I have around 550 contacts in my phone. I have uninstalled several times and reinstalled with the same results every time. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get this to work or an alternative app that work like Vlingo for the Torch? Thanks for any advice you can give me.
    09-27-10 05:38 PM
    Have you contacted Vlingo tech support? They respond promptly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 06:00 PM
    yes I have done everything they have suggested with no luck. They had me delete by going into the apps and deleting the modules. I have made sure the contacts are in my default list. Since i had 500+ contacts i let program try and sync them all night. When it get to the sync part of install it just freezes. It pops up the progress bar on the sync and then nothing happens.
    09-27-10 06:50 PM
    I had the same problem...I took it off and felt it wasn't worth the struggle right now. I'm hoping they wil come with a better built for the Torch.
    09-28-10 08:57 AM
    I suppose it can't handle that many contacts. I have a fraction of that number of contacts, and syncing took well under a minute.
    09-28-10 09:01 AM
    I suppose it can't handle that many contacts. I have a fraction of that number of contacts, and syncing took well under a minute.
    Vlingo is working fine for me and it took under 1 minute to sync nearly 1,500 contacts.
    09-28-10 10:09 AM
    fine for me too
    09-28-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD