I bet you that anyone of you can type twice as fast on a Bold or a Curve than you can on your Torch
    You're on... how does a $1000 wager sound? You type on your 9780 and I'll type on my Torch.

And guys, please, stop thinking that an OS upgrade is magically gonna change the virtual keyboard's precision! IT'S NOT!

The elemnts of the touch on the screen are all done at the factory and cannot be changed with a simple OS upgrade, this is a design matter here.
    You're making a huge assumption that it's the physical screen causing any 'issues'. Many people are perfectly happy with the virtual keyboard, and you're just gonna have to accept it... just enjoy your 9780 and pretend you made the right choice
    12-18-10 11:31 AM
    The virtual keyboard is passable in landscape, but far from great in portrait mode. But, I have a Torch because I like physical keyboards.

I have a iPod Touch and a 3GS which I use time to time, and I do think how grteat my Torch would be if the vitual keyboard was as accurate at them.

FYI, Suretype is ok, but I don't think it is needed on a Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 12:12 PM
    well, it can't get much worse...
    12-19-10 12:08 AM
    Virtual keyboard + SureType = very fast and accurate typing. I love it!

12-19-10 03:41 AM
    I think it will be # 1 smart phone in the world, if RIM would make a real keyboard , but sliding in the landsacpe mode, like many others ( Sony- Ericson, Samsung , HTC ...).
    These are very accurate, fast and fun to use
    12-19-10 06:00 AM
    I love the virtual keyboard. I only use it in portrait mode and have absolutely no issues with it.
    12-19-10 07:32 AM
    I think it will be # 1 smart phone in the world, if RIM would make a real keyboard , but sliding in the landsacpe mode, like many others ( Sony- Ericson, Samsung , HTC ...).
    These are very accurate, fast and fun to use
    I think it would take more than just a landscape slider phone from RIM to make it the #1 phone in the world..
    12-19-10 08:16 AM
    It might get "better" with newer OS's, but I doubt we'll see any "batter" on the phone. Could this be cookie batter or cake batter you want on your phone.

Sorry had to chime in on that one, was to easy not to. Kinda surprised no one else picked up on it before me.
    12-19-10 08:18 AM
    It might get "better" with newer OS's, but I doubt we'll see any "batter" on the phone. Could this be cookie batter or cake batter you want on your phone.

Sorry had to chime in on that one, was to easy not to. Kinda surprised no one else picked up on it before me.
    Sorry Homey..someone already had beat you to the punch

Why, are you trying to deep fry it?
    12-19-10 08:25 AM
    Missed that one.
    12-19-10 08:28 AM
    Homer, If you are going to pick on people and misuse of words, better re-read your statement. You are missing an 'o' in your last sentence.

12-19-10 08:30 AM
    I can type very well with the SureType virtual keyboard, even when what i'm typing isn't actually a word (it learns quickly enough, and if it's multiple words combined to make a word, then it almost always gets it. ). My only problem with the virtual SureType is that when I type yay, it usually says tat... Which I'll assume is advertising! Even if I hit the wrong key it'll almost always get what I want!

12-19-10 08:31 AM
    I can type very well with the SureType virtual keyboard, even when what i'm typing isn't actually a word (it learns quickly enough, and if it's multiple words combined to make a word, then it almost always gets it. ). My only problem with the virtual SureType is that when I type yay, it usually says tat... Which I'll assume is advertising! Even if I hit the wrong key it'll almost always get what I want!

I get that too!

12-19-10 08:37 AM
    I get that too!

Well here in scotland we can get a deep fried mars bar in batter so a torch !!!!

12-19-10 08:43 AM
    In the US, you can get everything deep fried, which I can only imagine adds to why it's the 'fattest' Country.

12-19-10 08:50 AM
    Used to hate touchscreens. After getting the torch used suretype quite a bit and got pretty fast at it.. Well the fulll qwerty portrait keyboard is faster.. Its cool if hit all the wrong letters, I just have to make sure I get the "space" in the right place and it predicts everything perfectly almost 99% of the time (after adding certain names and words to the custom dictionary.)

Recap: full qwerty portrait is my fastest method of typing

... Yes I said it... You should try it, the autocorrect probably pushed me to over 80wpm (not in the browser, typing that fast on the virtual keyboard, on 337, crashes it.. Lol)

12-19-10 09:04 AM
    I completely agree the touchscreen keyboard on the Torch is very VERY good. It took me about 3 or 4 days to "get used to it" but now I really love it. I love the way it innocuously fixes minor typing errors and throws up a list of suggestions so I usually don't need to finish typing long words.
    12-19-10 11:42 AM
    I think it would take more than just a landscape slider phone from RIM to make it the #1 phone in the world..
    You may be right . I meant the best phone for me.
    12-20-10 04:43 AM
    I HATE virtual keyboards and wish RIM didn't introduce it. Ever since my days on the palm Treo (remember that?) I've hated them. The physical keyboard is too cramped as well. I'll just have to get used to them both or downgrade back to my 8900 curve. I was very fast touch typing on that.
    12-20-10 11:34 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD