Is it possible to show virtual keyboard on home screen?
    11-02-10 12:21 AM
    If you click on the universal search it will show the keyboard.
    11-02-10 12:23 AM
    Okay this is what I'm trying to do. I've disabled the search on home screen so I can use short cuts like L-calendar, M-messages, etc. I'm pretty sure I used to have "show keyboard" option when I hit BB button on home screen but now it's not there anymore.
    11-02-10 01:03 AM
    I have "show keyboard" when I hit the BB button on my home screen and im able to use it for shortcuts. Currently running .284. Try doing a battery pull?
    11-02-10 01:06 AM
    I have "show keyboard" when I hit the BB button on my home screen and im able to use it for shortcuts. Currently running .284. Try doing a battery pull?
    That's that thing. I used to have it up until last night. I've done so many batt pulls already, no go. I haven't installed anything since last night. Could something be preventing this option from showing? Bug in OS maybe?
    11-02-10 01:32 AM
    I don't have that option on stock 246. Search enabled or disabled. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 01:42 AM
    Hmmm. I don't have that option. I looked for it and didn't see it.

Now that I know that you had it at one point I want it...
    11-02-10 03:12 AM
    Hmmm. I don't have that option. I looked for it and didn't see it.

Now that I know that you had it at one point I want it...
    First of all, you need to go to options -> Typing and Input -> Keyboard -> and make sure "open virtual keyboard on slider close is ticked.

I can see "show keyboard" when I hit BB button when I'm not in the home screen but I can't see this when I'm at home screen. I'm pretty sure that I had this option at home screen before because I was using virtual keyboard to lock my device and launch other shortcuts. I think this is another bug with current OS6.
    Last edited by james2k8; 11-02-10 at 04:54 AM.
    11-02-10 04:49 AM
    I have the option with stock .246 with the tray open, closed to one row, and fully closed to zero rows. I think I always have too... I wonder why others don't. I'm on universal search mode, however...
    11-02-10 05:59 AM
    I have the option with stock .246 with the tray open, closed to one row, and fully closed to zero rows. I think I always have too... I wonder why others don't. I'm on universal search mode, however...
    Can you tell me where the settings are for this, as its doing my box in looking for them ?

Thanks.
    11-02-10 06:23 AM
    I've just wiped my phone and reloaded stock .246 and still can't get this option back. It's either a bug or an app or something else that's hiding this option.

I also went back to universal search mode and I still don't have this option.
    Last edited by james2k8; 11-02-10 at 09:17 AM.
    11-02-10 09:13 AM
    I'm guessing this is another bug in the OS, kinda like when switching themes some have a universal search icon and some do not.

I personally do not have a launch k/b option from the home screen(running .284). I also do not have a universal search icon to tap on that would open the virtual k/b, Instead of having to slide the k/b open all the time to do a search or launch k/b shortcuts.

Here's what I do instead.
    First off I'm using sixtools(awesome little tool, and best kept secret), then I set my mute button to launch the virtual k/b.

All taken care of.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-02-10 at 09:28 AM.
    11-02-10 09:24 AM
    I'm guessing this is another bug in the OS, kinda like when switching themes some have a universal search icon and some do not.

I personally do not have a launch k/b option from the home screen(running .284). I also do not have a universal search icon to tap on that would open the virtual k/b, Instead of having to slide the k/b open all the time to do a search or launch k/b shortcuts.

Here's what I do instead.
    First off I'm using sixtools(awesome little tool, and best kept secret), then I set my mute button to launch the virtual k/b.

All taken care of.
    I'm trying to do the same except that I can't find virtual keyboard in sixtools

11-02-10 09:36 AM
    I'm trying to do the same except that I can't find virtual keyboard in sixtools

My bad... I just checked my phone and i have sixtools launch universal search from my mute button and launch the virtual k/b from the convenience key per BB menu not sixtools.

Although I'm sure if enough people asked shao would add that option into the shortcut keys menus.
    11-02-10 10:06 AM
    Don't mean to hijack this thread (but suppose I'm going to try to anyway since this thread title is right in line with my question...please forgive me :-) )

Is there some sort of shortcut to make the virtual keyboard go away once it's been opened instead of having to hit the menu button to hide the keyboard? Does the shortcut in SixTools toggle the keyboard, so that it can open it, but also close it?

Thanks, and sorry to be just slightly off-topic.
    11-02-10 12:59 PM
    Don't mean to hijack this thread (but suppose I'm going to try to anyway since this thread title is right in line with my question...please forgive me :-) )

Is there some sort of shortcut to make the virtual keyboard go away once it's been opened instead of having to hit the menu button to hide the keyboard? Does the shortcut in SixTools toggle the keyboard, so that it can open it, but also close it?

Thanks, and sorry to be just slightly off-topic.
    Just swipe your finger down on the screen.
    11-02-10 01:10 PM
    So I guess no one really knows what the problem is here. 1 or 2 people have this option and most of us don't.
    11-03-10 02:01 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion james2k8

But still isn't there for me.

I enables universal search to see if that gives me the option but still no go.

Hopefully someone figures this out. It would be nice to be able to use the shortcuts from the virtual keyboard.
    11-03-10 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD