So i am a big BB guy, always have been, but I will admit to a certain interest and jealousy in terms of the IPhone, so I was totally psyched when the Torch came out - not because I thought it would be an IP killer or even a substitute, but because it meant our BBs were going to become more of what we wanted them to be.

I've had the phone since it came out and I have to say I love it. Always have, but the ultimate compliment for me was what I saw last week. I attended a conference where the majority of attendees were younger and I was blown away to see that where usually everyone has an Iphone, about 30 or 40 percent of the people there had a Torch and all those that did really love the phone.

On top of that a lot of people were asking questions and were interested in seeing the Torch - it got a lot of attention and a lot of compliments!!

In my opinion, it is the best phone on the market if you want to combine business functionality with some of the fun and features of an apple or android OS. I love what RIM and BB are doing and hope that our phones only continue to get better.

For all those who think RIM is dead and the Torch sucks, I think you need to revisit your conclusions.... I for one and very happy and I seem to increasingly be in the majority!
    01-25-11 10:22 AM
    Ditto. There are still a LOT of extremely satisfied BB users. If being one of them regardless of what other devices are out there makes me a 'fanboi', well, then guilty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 11:24 AM
    Well said. I agree

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 06:27 PM
    So i am a big BB guy, always have been, but I will admit to a certain interest and jealousy in terms of the IPhone, so I was totally psyched when the Torch came out - not because I thought it would be an IP killer or even a substitute, but because it meant our BBs were going to become more of what we wanted them to be.

I've had the phone since it came out and I have to say I love it. Always have, but the ultimate compliment for me was what I saw last week. I attended a conference where the majority of attendees were younger and I was blown away to see that where usually everyone has an Iphone, about 30 or 40 percent of the people there had a Torch and all those that did really love the phone.

On top of that a lot of people were asking questions and were interested in seeing the Torch - it got a lot of attention and a lot of compliments!!

In my opinion, it is the best phone on the market if you want to combine business functionality with some of the fun and features of an apple or android OS. I love what RIM and BB are doing and hope that our phones only continue to get better.

For all those who think RIM is dead and the Torch sucks, I think you need to revisit your conclusions.... I for one and very happy and I seem to increasingly be in the majority!
    It's amazing what happens when consumers ignore the tech bloggers and just buy the tool that gets the job done. Here I am trying to type on the Jesus pod....and i'm thinking it could be worse..... Could be working at Dooshe Bag Bank. Gotta get the torch back from the wife or I'll go mental on this comtrption.
    01-25-11 08:26 PM
    The Torch is good for a certain group of people. But not me personally. I had it for a week, couldn't stand it's keyboard or low battery life compared to the Bold.

If only its physical keyboard was a bit more thicker with keys that are well defined, and if only they put a proper battery with 1700 mAH or 2100 mAH, then it would be a definate winner.
    01-25-11 10:12 PM
    The Torch is good for a certain group of people. But not me personally. I had it for a week, couldn't stand it's keyboard or low battery life compared to the Bold.

If only its physical keyboard was a bit more thicker with keys that are well defined, and if only they put a proper battery with 1700 mAH or 2100 mAH, then it would be a definate winner.
    I agree regarding the battery. I'm not having the two-day marathon like some are claiming and that's ok. I have chargers- whether at home, office, or vehicle(s). I'm on mine (off/on) all day from 05:00 until 12:00. If someone introduces an extended battery, I'll get one tonight. As far as the keyboard, time, patience and practice-whether virtual or the "slide-out" version. Anyway, I'm enjoying it and a new hybrid while I wait for 6.1 or something sooner to drop.
    01-25-11 10:29 PM
    As long as the Torch remains a slider, the battery will be small. If you think it is heavy now, imagine how heavy it would be with the larger battery and not to mention thicker. I admit that even though I have no issues with the keyboard, it could be a bit thicker without inhibiting the slider.
    01-25-11 11:11 PM
    BL can you help me understand what a hybrid actually is and what the benefits of the latest hybrid OS are? Loading it seems rather daunting to me and before I go down that path I want to really understand the benefits....

Thanks!
    D

I agree regarding the battery. I'm not having the two-day marathon like some are claiming and that's ok. I have chargers- whether at home, office, or vehicle(s). I'm on mine (off/on) all day from 05:00 until 12:00. If someone introduces an extended battery, I'll get one tonight. As far as the keyboard, time, patience and practice-whether virtual or the "slide-out" version. Anyway, I'm enjoying it and a new hybrid while I wait for 6.1 or something sooner to drop.
    01-26-11 06:21 AM

I guess EVERYONE now knows you didn't like the 9800!! Stop bit***!

As long as the device gets me comfortable through the day I am satisfied. The bold did great and the torch does as well.

There are some things I didn't like on the bold either.. But no big deal.. Everyone is free to choose the device he likes best..
    01-26-11 07:29 AM
    As long as the Torch remains a slider, the battery will be small. If you think it is heavy now, imagine how heavy it would be with the larger battery and not to mention thicker. I admit that even though I have no issues with the keyboard, it could be a bit thicker without inhibiting the slider.
    I agree.
    Lol. I had a BA (big azz) battery (Mugens) for my BOLD and an extended for my 8310. But, I get what you're saying. Don't really want a bigger battery.....not with the Slider form factor. But, I am concerned with the hype of the newer devices and the strength of the batteries. Lol. We'll probably get the same one for the Torch 2. As far as heavier, I could se that being a problem if in my pocket.
    01-26-11 08:44 AM
    BL can you help me understand what a hybrid actually is and what the benefits of the latest hybrid OS are? Loading it seems rather daunting to me and before I go down that path I want to really understand the benefits....

Thanks!
    D
    First, don't rush into it if you're not sure. Like all comments on a forum, they are usually based on the experiences of others and may not be the same for you. With that being said, This is probably one of the best guides for anyone that is considering installing an OS hybrid:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/wh...hybrid-574162/

Short answer, hybrids are basically the swapping of specific .cod files to/from a base OS with another one or more .cods from different operating systems to correct some issues(browser speed, lag, etc..) due to issues with an OS or just to enhance the ability of a Blackberry. Before starting, please review the thread linked above, other threads(on here), or other sites to make a more informed choice. I stumbled across hybrids purely accidental by swapping .cod files for my 8310 with OS files from another device. I didn't have on my glasses...and the .cod files looked the same....to me. Anyway, didn't work, "nuked" my Blackberry for a few hours, but, that was three years ago....and I've been utilizing others' hybrids for some time now. Every once in a while, I'll work on something for my personal use....same with themes. Anyway, good luck.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-26-11 at 11:37 AM.
    01-26-11 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD