Hello,

Quick question: is there any way I can copy the contents of my MicroSD card to my PC (without purchasing one of those card readers/adapters)? I just connected my Torch (with the card in) to my PC - hoping that the card would show up as a drive a la my digital camera - but no luck.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Adam
    01-20-11 12:36 PM
    it's because the microsd that came with your torch is screwed up by default (I think they have hard time doing a good format on it) anyway you can go in Options, Device, Storage, press menu button and Format.

Then you should see the drive on your pc as a removable drive, you will actually see 2 of them, one for the blackberry internal memory (4gb) and one for your microsd (4gb) which will have the name Blackberry and BLACKBERRY1

Here is a picture of my drive in my computer, your drive letter could be different

Last edited by AcADIeN; 01-20-11 at 01:19 PM.
    01-20-11 01:15 PM
    Options> Device> Storage> Media Card Support, make sure it's checked.

Now when you connect the phone to the computer it will give you the options for "USB Drive" "Sync Media" or "Charge Only"

Just leave it be or select "USB Drive" to view your Torch like any other external drive on the computer. Then you can copy the contents onto your computer.
    01-20-11 01:19 PM
    it's because the microsd that came with your torch is screwed up by default (I think they have hard time doing a good format on it) anyway you can go in Options, Device, Storage, press menu button and Format.
    While you may be right, you're probably wrong. The card probably came already installed in the Torch, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be formatted correctly.

OP, try my suggestion first. If you choose "Format" from the menu it will erase everything on your card, which I'm sure you don't want.
    01-20-11 01:22 PM
    Thank you both! Actually, I had it all along: I was seeing two drives. One was labeled BlackBerry1 and was basically empty. The other was labeled BlackBerry User Tools. After rooting around, it looks like BlackBerry User Tools actually holds the contents of my memory card (along with some other stuff that the Torch threw on there when it formatted the card, perhaps?).

In any event, I wasn't expecting that my card would have that label, but that was the solution. Hope we can be helpful to other visitors with this!
    01-20-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD