Sorry if this thread has already been posted, but does anyone think the Torch is going to come to Verizon - either the 9800 or like a different version, maybe a 9830 or something??

I am dying for this phone and I'm pissed that they chose AT&T to carry it first when they already have the iPhone and Verizon has been stuck with nothing (ok, the Android) for a long time.

Please tell me there is light at the end of this long, 6-month AT&T contract tunnel. I want a Torch so badly!!
    10-20-10 05:29 PM
    The exclusive on the Torch is expected to be much like the 9000 which never left AT&T which is on a GSM network and partnered with RIM to release/develop the Torch. The only other carrier that make sense is TMO because of UMA. Even that is highly unlikely as there is definitely no love lost between AT&T and TMO.
    10-20-10 05:32 PM
    i agree, although vodaphone in the uk i am pretty sure is releasing it and isnt vodaphone verizon in the uk??
    10-20-10 06:54 PM
    @nicole1011- i completley agree with you i really want the bb torch 9800 very badly. i am onm verizon and have the bold 9650 but i would really really love to get the 9800. a friend of mine just got it and i messed a round with it and its such an amazing phone.
    10-20-10 06:56 PM
    I think that, in the US, it is safe to say that VZW is not getting the Torch.
    10-20-10 07:01 PM
    This sucks. I looked at the Motorolla Spice and it's a copy of the Torch - sorry, not interested. I want this phone so bad. Someone in Virginia said she went to her Verizon store and complained that she wanted the Torch, and the manager came out and told her, secretly, Verizon is having a few people "guinea pig" the Torch before they decide to release it or not. I hope that's true.

I was on AT&T before and they have horrible, horrible service. I refuse to go back to them, but I'm going to be so upset if Verizon doesn't get the Torch in some other fashion.

And now, AT&T is going to start charging upwards of $400 for the Torch, not $199.99 for 2-year contracts anymore. That's insane.
    10-20-10 07:15 PM

And now, AT&T is going to start charging upwards of $400 for the Torch, not $199.99 for 2-year contracts anymore. That's insane.
    And inaccurate.
    10-20-10 07:44 PM
    International releases don't have any bearing on US exclusives...

Storm/Storm2 was a US exclusive for VZ, but pretty much whoever else wanted to could release it around the world.
    10-20-10 07:55 PM
    I'd love to see one too. My boss got one on ATT and everyone that sees it is wanting one. The thought of having to spend more time dealing with ATT instead of VZW makes my stomach churn...

Someone in Virginia said she went to her Verizon store and complained that she wanted the Torch, and the manager came out and told her, secretly, Verizon is having a few people "guinea pig" the Torch before they decide to release it or not. I hope that's true.
    It must be a big secret if the manager came out and told it to some customer... LOL!
    10-20-10 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD