I left my storm 2 and ran to the iphone 4 when I seen the bb line up at the time, especially the torch.

Well I found myself missing my bbm and the way that I would get my emails pushed to my phone. The ip4 did it pretty well but some days I would miss some, lose some or just not receive them and in my line of work I need to be certain.

Anyway I looked around on craigslist and found a pretty good deal so I grabbed a torch. Now after quite a bit of research and youtube video watching I felt what the heck.

I'm in love with this thing!! Yeah I only had it for less than 24 hrs but already I feel "connected" again mind you I'm keeping my ip4 but I'm really shocked at how much Rim got there act together on this one!

Feels good to be back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 01:45 PM
    Welcome back brother. Nice choice on the 9800
    12-10-10 01:51 PM
    Welcome back! It is quite amazing how far above other bb's the torch is! Its a great device!

12-10-10 01:54 PM
    I had the i4 for about four months. Very nice device, cant knock it at all (except iTunes is a pain). But after 5 years with a Berry, I decided to give the 9800 a shot. Im impressed, it just "feels" good.
    12-10-10 04:06 PM
    It is good to see that you have repented of the error of your ways and have returned to the true path for all things cellular. The force is with you.
    12-10-10 04:12 PM
    welcome back, i know someone in the same situation, he had a storm1 then got an ip4, had a card in his storm still running and the same email on both and his experience was just like yours, the storm would get the email first, every time.

needless to say he`s now ditched the ip4 for a torch and got himself a ipod touch for the games as he`s got kids that play em all the time. also he likes that he`s not always plugged into the wall now too
    12-10-10 04:17 PM
    LOL. Thanks, but dont get me wrong, the i4 does everything really well, but I needed a change, so I came home.
    12-10-10 05:41 PM
    Torch is like my wife. I love it most of the time but hate it some other time but theni always come home. The Iphone 4 is like my girl friend (or may I say mistress). I look for it when I miss it but I never stay long with it...

12-10-10 09:40 PM
    I got the Torch on launch day in Canada..and i've really enjoyed the phone. I like the form factor, and after coming from the Storm 9530, it was really nice to use the physical keyboard again..not to mention the trackpad, touchscreen, keyboard combo. About two weeks ago I picked myself up the HTC Desire Z (Android), and have been using it exclusively now, while I try to decide which one I really want.

The Android is a great device so far. The web browsing is much better than the Torch..of course this depends heavily on the kind of websites you view. Mobile sites on the Torch load great and are speedy, but when you get into data intensive sites (like my fantasy hockey pool), you can really see a difference in the two devices. It can be a frustrating endeavour on the Torch. Yes..I can do all the same things..but it takes alot more time. Photo rendering and pinch to zooming are also much nicer on the Android. On my Torch, there is a definate "lag" when pinch zooming on my stored photos..which can be frustrating (to me..not necessarily to anyone else).

There are many things that are just done better with the Torch (and BB's) in general imo. Right out of the box..you have so many more options to customize your notification sounds, whereas with Android I had to Google for hours, and then download 2 seperate apps, as well as fish around for my "standard" BB sounds and get them ported over to the Android just to get it set up to how I was accustomed. All in all..I'll bet you I spent the better part of 2 full days setting up the Desire Z (as well as learning the new OS) to that which I felt comfortable using (and to where the Torch comes pretty much standard right out of the box).
    Of course, there is a few more things I could point out that one does better than the other, but again..it's all relative to the user and what their needs are. To the standard consumer, they could just pick up the Android and go...but for me..i've become accustomed to certain things the BB can do..and I want to replicate that in anything else I use.

I can guarantee one thing though..once RIM starts pushing out some devices with better hardware (processors and screens)..people will come flocking back in droves..because right now that's the only thing I can see that are sending people away. Apps? I've yet to come across ANY app in Android that makes me say "WOW"..how have I functioned without that. Yes..there are cool Nintendo and Super Nintendo "Emulators" that allow you to play all the old school games...but i'm not 12 anymore..and while those things are "cool" initially..they got old fast. Sure..the customization available to Android is very nice..but do I always want to spend hours scouring the 'net to download various "icons" and launchers to change my look? No. There is something to be said for downloading and installing someones elses hard work in a theme..and being done with it.

Bottom line is..the Torch is an amazing phone. Other than a few shortcomings (to me personally..not necessarily important to others), it really is awesome.
    12-10-10 10:23 PM
    Nicely put! Lol my sentiments exactly.

Torch is like my wife. I love it most of the time but hate it some other time but theni always come home. The Iphone 4 is like my girl friend (or may I say mistress). I look for it when I miss it but I never stay long with it...

12-10-10 11:19 PM
    I have the torch and its a great device, my boss has the I4 and his really thinking on going with the torch

12-10-10 11:27 PM
    Bottom line is..the Torch is an amazing phone. Other than a few shortcomings (to me personally..not necessarily important to others), it really is awesome.
    Appreciated your whole response. Well said.
    12-11-10 11:17 AM
    I think it's somewhat easy to underestimate the Torch. On paper, it doesn't look like anything special compared to the competition. It really does require some hands-on time to really appreciate features like convenience key(s), four dedicated face buttons, a cursor for the browser (HUGE help), keyboard shortcuts, and perhaps the greatest Torch-specific perk of all, locking the accelerometer by sliding out the keyboard.

None of these features are really exciting, yet they're some of the things I like most about my Torch. The fact that the Torch doesn't have an 8MP camera, front-facing camera, 1ghz processor and a super-high resolution don't really bother me at all. I rarely use the camera (not like the number of megapixels matter anyway on a camera phone), the processor works fine, and everything on the screen is crisp and clear.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 12-11-10 at 12:31 PM.
    12-11-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD