First let me say I have searched and can't find anything. Blackberry says that you can use the Torch as a modem. I can't find anything in options that allows for this nor does Desktop Manager (for Mac) appear to have any kind of on or off switch, do I need Bluever or some kind of other third party app? I would like to connect to the Torch using my iPad via Bluetooth. Every post seems to be from 2009 where you had to have your iPad jailbroken, please help if you have been able to make this work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 03:07 PM
    I've never seen this as a possibility and I don't think it's going to happen until the next gen devices come out with hotspot.
    06-11-11 05:12 PM
    Maybe I'm confused. I know you need to do this with the playbook, and you use your Blackberry's 3G is this done with the Bridge software? I had thought that was for seeing your emails and BBMs on you playbooks screen? So why would they list a feature of the torch as wireless modem??

06-11-11 07:54 PM
    06-11-11 08:03 PM
    Maybe I'm confused. I know you need to do this with the playbook, and you use your Blackberry's 3G is this done with the Bridge software? I had thought that was for seeing your emails and BBMs on you playbooks screen? So why would they list a feature of the torch as wireless modem??

Why not? You can use it as a modem for a laptop too if you like.
    06-12-11 11:08 AM
    But I can't see an option on the Torch to do that, and my wireless provider says that you need to enable it through the desktop manager, which I don't see the option? The link provided to another thread talks about PDAnet does the torch need third party software or is the modem built in through the OS?

06-12-11 12:10 PM
    But I can't see an option on the Torch to do that, and my wireless provider says that you need to enable it through the desktop manager, which I don't see the option? The link provided to another thread talks about PDAnet does the torch need third party software or is the modem built in through the OS?

You need the drivers for the bb I'm not sure if they are aval for iproducts or not. You can search and maybe you'll find something.
    06-12-11 12:14 PM

On the Desktop Manager, you should have "Mobile Internet" in the bottom left hand corner? Click that and you're away.
    06-12-11 12:34 PM
    There isn't but I'm using DM for Mac, does that make a difference?

06-12-11 12:37 PM
    Does DM for mac have this option, from the op I say no. So you'll have to follow the link provided earlier.

Mac's and bb's don't work like pc and bb.
    06-12-11 12:41 PM
    It's probably network dependent I guess. Vodafone certainly allow it, so it comes up as an option.
    06-12-11 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD