Hello

I am planning a trip abroad for a month and a half and I would like to use my bbTorch there.

I'll be getting BIS service on the local SIM that I'll be buying.

So here's my questions - If I use that SIM, then will I still be able to use my existing BBM (i.e same PIN, or will this be changed).
    Do I have to reconfigure my email settings on my phone etc?

thanks.
    12-09-10 08:44 PM
    What you have to do first is unlock the phone so you can use other SIM cards in the phone.
    12-10-10 01:55 AM
    I have my phone unlocked
    12-10-10 10:15 AM
    how do we change the BIS ??
    12-10-10 10:20 AM
    BIS is by carrier so that will need to be added to your account while traveling or data services will not work. Your BBM will not change since it is PIN based.

It might be better to just get the roaming package for like 10 a month or something but be sure you understand the usage rules. I think you have to keep it for like 6 months if your an att sunscriber. At least this way nothing will change at all besides you bill...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 12-10-10 at 10:34 AM.
    12-10-10 10:32 AM
    When I went abroad to work this year, I got the World Traveler roaming plan and paid for a specific data size. If you are on AT&T, you should turn off your phone at night since data charges start running while the phone is ringing and if the person has to leave a voicemail.
    12-10-10 10:57 AM
    With your current carrier. If you don't need access to the network aspect of the phone(telephone calls and text messages). Turn it off. If you have access to wifi you can use the other functions of the phone. Ie bbm, emails, etc.

If you're gonna get another sim then its like they said above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD