HI there- I am new to blackberry and I really like the Torch. I was hoping there was an APP or something out there so when I schedule an appointment with someone in my contacts, I can either click on the contact and go to options and "make appt" or vice versa - just a simple way to connect the two and not have to RETYPE the address, phone, or email.

Suggestions appreciated- Thanks!

PS - love the BERRY Buzz and Weather!
    01-10-11 02:32 PM
    HI there- I am new to blackberry and I really like the Torch. I was hoping there was an APP or something out there so when I schedule an appointment with someone in my contacts, I can either click on the contact and go to options and "make appt" or vice versa - just a simple way to connect the two and not have to RETYPE the address, phone, or email.

Suggestions appreciated- Thanks!

PS - love the BERRY Buzz and Weather!
    on my storm2 running os5, all i have to do is create a new appointment, then go to the menu and "Add Attendee". only thing you need to do before-hand is make sure your contacts have an email associated to their contact profile. if the email address is in the address book, its a two, maybe three, click process.
    01-10-11 02:42 PM
    Thanks but sadly - not an option on the Torch 9800.
    01-10-11 02:53 PM
    Thanks but sadly - not an option on the Torch 9800.
    thats interesting, because i have the torch device simulator on my desktop, and the exact same process i just described is outlined in the help file on the torch. but, like you described, the option just isnt there!

it may be time to fire off a nasty email to RIM tech support, or call your providers tech line.
    01-10-11 03:14 PM
    You can do it on a Torch. It works on mine.
    Last edited by newcollector; 01-10-11 at 03:26 PM.
    01-10-11 03:21 PM
    Uhh - I think I will have an issue as since I am new to blackberries, I have not hooked up my email to the torch - yet... wanted to take the time to understand the system first. So the two little people symbols at the bottom of an appointment are grayed out.

But let's say it is hooked up to my email - if I INVITE ATTENDEES, would it not send them an email? I ask is if I have appointments, all I want is their ADDRESS/PHONE, not necessarily send an email. Does this make sense?

Thanks all!
    01-10-11 03:29 PM
    Uhh - I think I will have an issue as since I am new to blackberries, I have not hooked up my email to the torch - yet... wanted to take the time to understand the system first. So the two little people symbols at the bottom of an appointment are grayed out.

But let's say it is hooked up to my email - if I INVITE ATTENDEES, would it not send them an email? I ask is if I have appointments, all I want is their ADDRESS/PHONE, not necessarily send an email. Does this make sense?

Thanks all!
    do you want the person to be part of the appointment, or meeting? if the answer is "No", then you do not want to add them to the appointment through the "Add Attendee" option. if all you want to do is add that person as a note to yourself, then you would type whatever into the "Notes" section.
    01-10-11 03:34 PM
    Basically I just want the address and maybe phone.... but address for sure... has to be a way without typing it all the time. Lazy I know, but I am going thru some PT for the next few weeks and would be nice to just look at appt and verify address when I get the BING BING calendar reminder.

Thanks again everyone!
    01-10-11 03:48 PM
    Basically I just want the address and maybe phone.... but address for sure... has to be a way without typing it all the time. Lazy I know, but I am going thru some PT for the next few weeks and would be nice to just look at appt and verify address when I get the BING BING calendar reminder.

Thanks again everyone!
    Hi Pix - I have a Storm 2 and use REXConnect for what you are looking for. I've been using it for about 6 months now without a glitch. It will convert a Calendar appt, Note, email, SMS message or Task into one of the other of the five that you choose. The app is pretty light and stays active until you close it. I do find some memory leak on my Storm 2 so I close it once I've used it. $10 isn't cheap but it does what it does well.
    01-10-11 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD