I am currently on .246 and that is the last official OS at Telus. Now i find out that there is not one(.337) but two upgrades(.45). Few questions.

1.Am i missing out on anything significant by sticking with .246? Can someone name some difference with higher upgrades. I tried to find but there is too many threads on different leaked OS's to keep thing straight.

2. Will my phone blow up if i go from .246 straight to .45 without the .337 step?

3. Do the games/app i have d/l get wiped in the upgrade or do i have to back them up somehow.

Thanks!
    02-01-11 12:53 AM
    I am currently on .246 and that is the last official OS at Telus. Now i find out that there is not one(.337) but two upgrades(.45). Few questions.

1.Am i missing out on anything significant by sticking with .246? Can someone name some difference with higher upgrades. I tried to find but there is too many threads on different leaked OS's to keep thing straight.

2. Will my phone blow up if i go from .246 straight to .45 without the .337 step?

3. Do the games/app i have d/l get wiped in the upgrade or do i have to back them up somehow.

Thanks!

1.One of the things I found with later OS after .246 is that the battery is somewhat betterand as well better responsiveness.

2.Your phone will be fine if you went from 246 to 450 directly. It doesnt actually update the phone OS but rather does a fresh install

3. What I recommend is download BBSAK from here:
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    Install BBSAK and run it. There is an option to backup apps/cods
    Once your done your update just run BBSAK again and click restore and you'll have everything back. Just make sure you dont forget to back up your other info like contacts and calendar via desktop manager just in case the loader doesn't back up everything properly

Good luck hope this helps
    qetuoadg likes this.
    02-01-11 01:00 AM
    Thanks AZN, very helpful.
    02-01-11 01:17 AM
    Glad you got it working
    02-01-11 02:15 AM
    I have the OS 450 installed for three day & its running flawless. Fast with no issue. Here a good read if you haven't seen it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-580264/
    02-01-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD