Hi everyone, sorry my first post is one of those "help me!" threads!

I'm very new to this whole BB thing, I've had my torch for about 4 days.

When I bought it the previous user had all sorts of apps and crap on it, so I decided to wipe it using the security wipe. Once I'd done that I customised it etc, set up BBM and a few other things.

Now I'm at the point where I've updated it to .337 after doing all my customisation, but it doesnt seem any different at all - I haven't noticed the menu transiitions being any quicker (The thing that was bugging me about .247 that was on it when I received it).

Now, I've got PatternLock and BerryBuzz (Quite like the LED notifications!) bought through AppWorld.

I've read that sometimes when you upgrade the OS you need to do a few other things to get it working properly. I've done 3 battery pulls so far.

Anyway, I want to try one of these hybrid OS's (BDHP v5) and what I'd really like to know is can I back up JUST the settings I've set for BerryBuzz, PatternLock and my BBM contacts and text messages? I'm not worried about my contacts/emails/calendar as I've setup BES on my exchange 2007 server.

I did do this with desktop manager when I upgraded to .337 but I think this is where I went wrong, because as I said, nothing seems to have changed after the upgrade!

Thanks guys/girls
    01-22-11 10:59 AM
    When you update to a new OS, its rare to impossible to back up the settings of the apps you have on your phone and for it to be able to stay as you have it set...when it comes to bbm, just back it up on your Media Card and you won't have to worry about it...its best when you update to a new OS, to install your apps fresh anyway.

Goodluck
    01-22-11 11:45 AM
    Yes you can. Whennyou go into DM and select backup you will have to option of whole device or select folders. Not sure how it is worded. I don't think what your expernceing has anything to do with your backup from .247. Your backup woulldnt have anything tondo with menu interfaceing if this makes sense. I'm real sorry I'm not good with words. But anyway good 1st post I think anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 11:46 AM
    Yes you can. Whennyou go into DM and select backup you will have to option of whole device or select folders. Not sure how it is worded. I don't think what your expernceing has anything to do with your backup from .247. Your backup woulldnt have anything tondo with menu interfaceing if this makes sense. I'm real sorry I'm not good with words. But anyway good 1st post I think anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's what I did before. I backed up the whole phone, but only restored BBM and texts, and I'm sure I don't have a full install of .337. Like I said, the menus seem just as slow.

Also, I don't have a microSD card yet. I've got a 32gb sandisk on order from amazon though. The other thing thats strange is that when I make changes to BBM (If I add someone, or someone adds me) their name shows up, but if I do a battery pull and open BBM they've gone!
    01-22-11 12:47 PM
    Go to:
    Options > Device > About device versions

This should say 6.0 Bundle 1165(v6.0.0.337, platform 6.4.0.142) If yours says anything different then you did not upgrade to .337. The version number is what everyone refers to when talking about a BB OS.

Also there is no way to backup third party app settings, unless the app itself has a backup feature. Like beweather has an option to backup settings to your SD card, but since you don't have an SD card yet that would be impossible to do.

EDIT:

DM also does not backup your third party apps, you need to use a program such as BBSAk to back these up or you will have to re download them once your done installing the OS.
    Last edited by homer1475; 01-22-11 at 05:23 PM.
    01-22-11 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD