In Blackberry App World, in My World, there are sections now for installed, uninstalled and unavailable apps previously downloaded in BAW. These may have been in OS .141 but I don't believe so. I am now re-installing some of the uninstalled apps.
    10-06-10 11:00 AM
    Go to options/device/application management/google maps/edit permissions - make sure all are set to "Allow".

No go... Did that first thing, something with the .246 update has changed something, worked before that with the .141 version
    10-06-10 11:25 AM
    Oh, man, that sucks. Two apps I can't manage without are Poynt and GoogleMaps. Both work perfectly on mine.

I'm sorry you're having that trouble.
    10-06-10 11:52 AM
    No go... Did that first thing, something with the .246 update has changed something, worked before that with the .141 version
    I've used Google Maps 4.4 just fine on .141 .161 .214 .225 and .246. Maybe change your default permissions to all allow and then uninstall/reinstall Google Maps?
    10-06-10 11:55 AM
    I've used Google Maps 4.4 just fine on .141 .161 .214 .225 and .246. Maybe change your default permissions to all allow and then uninstall/reinstall Google Maps?

GoogleMaps-4 is the module that seems to have the issue
    10-06-10 12:05 PM
    I have updated my wife's Torch yesterday using DM and it crashed 3 times since.
    Wife is pissed... ;-(
    Should I try reinstalling?
    10-06-10 01:02 PM
    Did you do a few battery pulls after upgrading? If not, that might have caused the crashes.

If it keeps happening though you should definitely reinstall. Mine has not crashed once in 3+ weeks on .246.
    10-06-10 01:20 PM
    Have not really followed all of the leaks to date. Anyone know of a list of the major changes between official releases 141 and 246?

I am on 246 now and besides a snapier OS and clearing my Downloads tab (woohoo!), I don't know of any other features, fixes, or shortcuts that I might have available, but am missing due to lack of knowledge. I can't imagine any change better than being able to clear my Downloads tab...it is the small things...
    10-06-10 01:23 PM
    I noticed that calendar entries in the dropdown only show the next few days now.
    10-06-10 02:08 PM
    I noticed that too but now when a message or notification has been opened, it no longer remains as happened from time to time. I also noticed that the Social Media needed attention. I had to log back into FB and configure my RSS feeds.
    10-06-10 02:33 PM
    Easiest upgrade ever... being a BES user, I really appreciate the fact that I don't have to call up IT and ask them for a reactivation password. THANK YOU RIM.
    10-06-10 06:36 PM
    I have also noticed that touchscreen accuracy and performance has also gotten better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 08:46 PM
    My one request is that there be a list of what upgrading to OS 6.0.0.246 from AT&T has to offer.

I need this list before I put it on my Torch. I'm really not the adventurous type and I don't want to mess my phone up. I just want to know what .246 will or will not do for my phone. It's as simple as that.

Thanks.

Peace...
    10-06-10 08:55 PM
    Thiz thread and another similar one should make it clear that the OS .246 makes the device much more responsive. If you don't feel the need to update your. OS, then don't. It is up to you.

10-06-10 09:35 PM
    My one request is that there be a list of what upgrading to OS 6.0.0.246 from AT&T has to offer.

I need this list before I put it on my Torch. I'm really not the adventurous type and I don't want to mess my phone up. I just want to know what .246 will or will not do for my phone. It's as simple as that.

Thanks.

Peace...
    Thiz thread and another similar one should make it clear that the OS .246 makes the device much more responsive. If you don't feel the need to update your. OS, then don't. It is up to you.
    BlackBerry Torch Gets OS 6.0.0.246 Officially from AT&T ~ BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

If you didn't dare update your BlackBerry Torch with the leaked version of OS 6.0.0.246, then you will be happy to know it has officially release from AT&T.

BlackBerry Torch customers who upgrade will benefit from overall system performance improvements, including:

* Browser � faster page loading and improved panning
    * User input � handled more efficiently, improved responsiveness after unlocking device
    * Applications � faster launching, exiting and switching
    * Home Screen - faster rendering and smoother transitions when switching between panes
    * Media - faster rendering of thumbnails in picture application
    * Email/Messaging � faster and smoother scrolling in message list and when reading email
    * Voice- Software improvements for improved audio quality

Over the next week and half customers will receive a notification icon on their BlackBerry Torch Home Screen which will allow them to immediately update their device wirelessly.

For BlackBerry Torch customers looking to update their device software today it is available at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=9Wa6N2fJ and BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    10-06-10 10:16 PM

Thanks.

Peace...
    incase u haven't looked through the hundreds of posts stating the upgrade is worth it and haven't read the original crackberry posting about the upgrade, i would say u'd be out of ur mind not to upgrade...its pretty much night and day difference between the stock os (which seems like is what you have stuck with) i would highly recommend upgrading you will definitely love ur torch a thousands times more. its pretty hard bricking ur phone so no need to worry bout that and if u have any issues we will help with the process just post...enjoy the new os major improvement.
    10-06-10 11:51 PM
    At first, the text message icon was unmarked as a favorite but this morning it was still marked as a favorite. I even restarted the device again and it appears that this initial bahavior issue may have resolved itself.

10-07-10 06:03 AM
    Having gone through the msgs here, it seems the AT&T .246 has issues with BIS over WiFi. I'm currently using the AT&T Torch in India (unlocked) with .225 and have no issues with the BIS over WiFI.
    Should I consider loading the .246 from Rogers instead of AT&T, assuming AT&T has firewalled BIS over wifi, or should I wait for the next leaked OS?
    Any suggestions?
    10-07-10 09:42 AM
    ATT doesn't have a firewall for bis over wifi. I'm on att and it works fine.

10-07-10 12:21 PM
    Maybe I missed this or have never noticed but I like having email, txt and Social media messages in one inbox.
    10-07-10 01:54 PM
    Maybe I missed this or have never noticed but I like having email, txt and Social media messages in one inbox.
    And? This is very much possible.

10-07-10 02:39 PM
    It is just so convenient to finally see them all in one place as opposed to separately. I guess tha I have been too busy to notice this feature and thought it came with the OS 6 as something new.
    10-07-10 03:08 PM
    gotta share: have been running .246 for a little while now. hadn't notice anything earth shaking. downloaded the roger's official version when it came available; found it updated something in the os6.0 core programs. that was a couple days ago. right now, am on hour 60+ of a charge with 40% battery life/charge remaining!
    10-07-10 04:52 PM
    I just upgraded today to the .246 update. I have to say, after having sluggish issues and intermittent problems with the software going screwy, this is a HUGE improvement. The OS seems more stable, faster app lauch, scrolling through email and apps is smoother, I am really impressed with what they did to improve the OS responsiveness!
    10-07-10 07:09 PM
    I have searched for this, but cannot find it. What advantage does 246 have over 214? Other than the occassional BIS drop from WiFi, I do not have any issues with 214. Thus, I am inclined to stay put for now. Currently been running for 205 hrs without a battery pull/reboot and going strong!

Any input would be great!

C

10-10-10 04:37 AM
106 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD