It totally depends on your "Connection Preference" setting in your Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>Connection Preference. You can choose: Mobile Network Only, Mobile Network Preferred, Wi-Fi Only, Wi-Fi Preferred.

So if you have "Mobile Network Preferred" selected, then yes, the network will take precedence over Wi-Fi.

Hope that helps.
    I dont have Connection Preference under Mobile Network Options
    10-05-10 03:16 PM
    Sorry, but I have to comment That is awesome and I am jealous! Can AT&T not implement this??? I want it!
    Since AT&T is the "king" of the US market you would think they would.
    10-05-10 03:18 PM
    Unfortunately it looks like there are some different options. Not sure if it's carrier (I'm assuming), or OS version based. Just jump ship across the border and you'll be good to go
    10-05-10 03:20 PM
    Not on AT&T
    10-05-10 03:25 PM
    upgraded to official rogers .246 and I LOVE IT! so far the best i have seen/used. battery life seems to have doubled for me since stock firmware. Upgrade or DIE!
    10-05-10 03:30 PM
    I have no issues with WIFI connecting BIS until yesterday. I would assume it's AT&T problem with firewall.

cestlavie77, also I would think that is only options with Rogers, with AT&T, I don't see that. And people, don't worry about what cestlavie77 see compare to AT&T. I have seen different menu whenever I am on different network. i.e delivery tick off check box for SMS is non existant on AT&T but existant on other networks (this is to show if SMS is delivered, just like BBM ticked)
    Downloaded the AT&T official, uninstalled everything else that was installed on my desktop (Old OS wise) and installed AT&T's .246. Proceeded to apploader and just flat ran the loader and let it do its thing (no crackmem, OS shrink...)

2 minutes latter I'm back up and running with full WiFi BIS. Have no clue what the heck the difference is, but its working for now...

Lookin' forward to a new leak... ;-)
    10-05-10 03:45 PM
    Update: Now I can connect to BIS via WIFI.

cestlavie77, I don't mind disrespect, it's just that a warning to other folks who sometime here got panicked because they don't see what you see. Do you see the followup posts right after you mentioned that? That's why I write that so that people don't worry if they don't see what you see. I didn't accuse you of lying or some sort, or dislike for that matter
    10-05-10 04:17 PM
    Yep, me too. Must have been on AT&T's end. I have not touched the phone since my last post and then boom, there is the BB symbol next to wifi. Kewl!!
    10-05-10 04:29 PM
    Yep, me too. Must have been on AT&T's end. I have not touched the phone since my last post and then boom, there is the BB symbol next to wifi. Kewl!!
    LOL, seriously? HA! Well it would be just my luck that in the time I reinstall the OS it starts working again and I'm left thinking its because of something I did. lol too funny...

well good, im glad its working for everyone again.
    10-05-10 04:32 PM

cestlavie77, I don't mind disrespect, it's just that a warning to other folks who sometime here got panicked because they don't see what you see. Do you see the followup posts right after you mentioned that? That's why I write that so that people don't worry if they don't see what you see. I didn't accuse you of lying or some sort, or dislike for that matter
    Hence the reason I asked for more information from the poster who didn't see what I did... so I could help to trouble-shoot and narrow down the differences with what I have and what they have. I wasn't going to simply post my information and then take off leaving the previous poster guessing. If you'll notice, I did do follow-up posts and did in fact indicate that the differences in the settings options must be carrier-specific.
    10-05-10 04:37 PM
    As a follow up... I'm glad all of you have it working properly now and that it was most likely an issue with AT&T. Sorry to hear that MadGoat re-loaded his OS
    10-05-10 04:39 PM
    I downloaded the latest OS .246 from ATT and BIS issue over Wifi has disappeared. May I add it disappeared before I upgraded. So it must be a sporadic bug. I hope it doesn't come back for me
    10-05-10 08:57 PM
    I still cannot connect to BIS while on WiFi. I flew from TX to NC today and tried different all the different WiFi connections and did a battery pull at each stop and nothing. Very fustrating. The worst part is I know it is the phone because where I am staying right now, the guy has a torch and his is connected to BIS through his WiFi, but mine isn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 09:29 PM
    I still cannot connect to BIS while on WiFi. I flew from TX to NC today and tried different all the different WiFi connections and did a battery pull at each stop and nothing. Very fustrating. The worst part is I know it is the phone because where I am staying right now, the guy has a torch and his is connected to BIS
    through his WiFi, but mine isn't.

You need to call your provider, att, and ask them to push you off the network so you can try to reattach. This happens to me often when reflashing my torch. Within minutes BIS should return to normal

10-06-10 12:50 AM
    You may need to have AT&T re-send the service books. I had to do that after installing .246.

10-06-10 03:17 AM
    My upgrade was flawless from .225 and none of these connection issues is present for me. The only app that didnt upgrade settings was QuickPull and I think that app (free version) has programing issues. I didn't get the Entry point database error this time either. Running very smoothly. Check out the newly released Fixmo Tools if you want to monitor your BB.
    10-06-10 08:21 AM
    I was refusing to load any leaked OS on my Torch. But when they released the official .246 I had to jump on it. First I tried with DM but I got a weird error message. Then I decided to do it through the device wireless. Has anyone tried it this? It worked flawless for me. I didn't have any complaints with .141 but I like to be up to date with the OS. This release seems solid. I thought I couldn't like my Torch any more. No issues yet. Keep you guys posted.

10-06-10 08:47 AM
    Anybody having issues with Google maps after .246 update?

Keep asking for permissions, tell it ok and it bails. Google maps 4.4 version
    Last edited by FicmanS; 10-06-10 at 09:06 AM.
    10-06-10 09:01 AM
    Anybody having issues with Google maps after .246 update?

Keep asking for permissions, tell it ok and it bails. Google maps 4.4 version
    Go to options/device/application management/google maps/edit permissions - make sure all are set to "Allow".
    10-06-10 09:09 AM
    Did a quick skim of this thread and didn't see this asked, but if I missed it, I apologize. Update went perfectly smoothly for me as well, but one thing I noticed is a change in what I'll call the notification screen. I'm running the standard theme. Assuming there are no other new notifications (emails, texts, missed calls, etc.), the screen I'm talking about displays the upcoming calendar entries. The old OS used to fill the screen with the next 10 or so calendar entries, this build will only display the next 3 and leave most of the screen blank. I've searched and can't seem to find this as a customizable option. Am I missing something? Anyone else have the same issue? Thanks in advance for any responses.
    10-06-10 09:26 AM
    Never had any problems connecting to BIS through my wireless network on .141 or .246. I wonder if it could be an incompatibility issue with your wireless router blocking BIS? The two wi fi networks I use are a Netopia 3347-1006 and at home a 2-wire 3800HGV-B.
    10-06-10 09:44 AM
    Did a quick skim of this thread and didn't see this asked, but if I missed it, I apologize. Update went perfectly smoothly for me as well, but one thing I noticed is a change in what I'll call the notification screen. I'm running the standard theme. Assuming there are no other new notifications (emails, texts, missed calls, etc.), the screen I'm talking about displays the upcoming calendar entries. The old OS used to fill the screen with the next 10 or so calendar entries, this build will only display the next 3 and leave most of the screen blank. I've searched and can't seem to find this as a customizable option. Am I missing something? Anyone else have the same issue? Thanks in advance for any responses.
    This has been discussed in several threads beginning with OS .225 and also with .246 It looks like RIM has decided to lmit the notifications to the next 3 events in the calendar to avoid clutter. I have mixed feelings on this but have found it makes it easier to scroll through the other messages displayed.
    10-06-10 09:49 AM
    This has been discussed in several threads beginning with OS .225 and also with .246 It looks like RIM has decided to lmit the notifications to the next 3 events in the calendar to avoid clutter. I have mixed feelings on this but have found it makes it easier to scroll through the other messages displayed.
    I believe it actually started with .214. For me, it almost always shows only 3 calendar entries and nothing else - leaving a ton of blank space.

Thankfully it's looking like themes will be able to make up for this - there are multiple ways, with themes, to get more than 3 calendar entries displayed easily - making the notifications tab completely irrelevant for me. For me, nothing shows up in the notifications tab that I can't look at just going to my combined messages folder - aside from calendar.
    10-06-10 10:02 AM
    It took approximately 30 minutes from OS download to completion of the OS upgrade. Things appear a bit snappier and more responsive in terms of menu navigation and web-browsing.

I did notice a few things so far.

1) Text Message icon unmarked as favorite.
    2) Third Party Apps that needed to be re-registered and were also unmarked as favorites.(only five apps)
    3) Third Party Apps that needed to edit permissions. (only two apps)
    10-06-10 10:48 AM
    As of this morning, the problem seems to have fixed itself.
    From the time I started this thread (just after upgrading to .246 from .225) to about an hour ago, I saw no change in the WiFi issue. Now, I can connect to BIS through WiFi - sometimes immediately, sometimes after turning connections off and on a few times.

10-06-10 10:55 AM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD