Has anyone else noticed their battery life on the Torch lasting 3-4 days since upgrading to .284? I can't get over it. I'm not a power user or anything, but I do surf the web, make a few calls and send about 20 BBM a day. Now just need to increase the speaker phone volume and this phone is damn near perfect.
    11-02-10 11:42 PM
    i was using the same build and my battery only lasted 6 to 8 hours.. and i'm a heavy user.. now i'm trying a hybrid.. it seems to be really good
    11-03-10 12:51 AM
    My battery life seems better, but no where near 4 days.

But I've put that down to this new OS seems to latch onto GPRS more than 3G. I am not getting connected to 3G in areas (like my office) when previously I had max signal strength on 3G.
    11-03-10 12:54 AM
    Are you for real?? Seems impossible I'm a pretty heavy user and I unplug my torch at about 7am and I'm down to 35% by 2PM. I will be trying a hybrid (haven't even looked into it really but have heard good things)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 02:36 AM
    If you have solid signal all day your battery life will be much, much higher even if you do nothing

11-03-10 02:42 AM
    Are you for real?? Seems impossible I'm a pretty heavy user and I unplug my torch at about 7am and I'm down to 35% by 2PM. I will be trying a hybrid (haven't even looked into it really but have heard good things)

That's crazy. Are you on .284? I'm on .246 and my Torch is almost always being used. It'll last me from when I leave my house at 8AM and still have at least 30-40% when i get home around 10PM.
    11-03-10 02:51 AM
    I ran .246 for 2 weeks and .284 for the last 2 weeks.

I didn't see anything better in battery life. I was almost thinking that .246 was better.
    11-03-10 02:59 AM
    Are you having the notification bar glitch? I'm still using .246 and judging by the responses for .284 I've decided to stick to .246 for now.
    11-03-10 03:13 AM
    Yeah notification bar glitch is there. But you can get to your messages with the trackpad.

After running .284 I would suggest staying with .246

Thats my opinion anyways.

Although the browsing/zooming is a little faster.
    For me the notification bar glitch gets me a lot of the time. I touch the screen and open some random message then click back and use the trackpad...then forget to ever read the random email I opened...

Its inconvenient, but not worth the trouble to downgrade at this point for me.
    11-03-10 04:16 AM
    These types of threads are semi-pointless with just superficial discussions such as "I'm a moderate user, surf the web, a few phone calls, 10 texts." What apps are you running? Certain apps suck out battery life at a higher rate than others, even when they are apparently not "active," e.g., Vlingo on the Torch. Some affect the battery more severely than others when you run them, particularly in conjunction with or at the same time as other apps/services. For example, I run BB Traffic during my 30-40 minute commute at the same time Bluetooth is connected in my car and Safe Reader is going on Vlingo. That combo more than doubles the usual battery consumption according to MeterBerry. Also, do you upload photos to FB or videos to YouTube? The battery takes a huge hit when you do that. Etc., etc.
    11-03-10 07:29 AM
    Has anyone else noticed their battery life on the Torch lasting 3-4 days since upgrading to .284? I can't get over it. I'm not a power user or anything, but I do surf the web, make a few calls and send about 20 BBM a day. Now just need to increase the speaker phone volume and this phone is damn near perfect.
    I've posted this in the "official" thread, but (at least so far) the only two bugs I've experienced are the notification page bug (but trackpad instead of finger works fine) & the multiple browser tab bug (dealt with by cycling through tabs to the correct one). I'm not certain if I have the Facebook notification bug or not -- I use other apps for both Twitter & Facebook so I woold not have the notifications for two things that I'd rather not have notifying me & using up battery for push. As a result, I didn't get the 3-4 days you're getting, but I was at 30% after 33 hours off the charger -- I knew I'd be doing some heavier calling on the way home from work & didn't want to chance the phone dying in the middle of some important calls. Not 3-4 days, but, yes, a significant improvement in battery life!
    11-03-10 08:15 AM

Just looking at BBHybrids..it looks to me like they are all using .141 as the base OS. And seeing's how .141 was terrible (and none of the other files in the hybrids even have any .2xx components) i'd probably rethink that..unless someone's got hybrids with .2xx base that i'm unaware of.

EDIT: Nvm..BBTweaks has some hybrids that are .2xx based..and one with the most recent .284 release..however none of the issues of notification bar or anything have been solved with the latest hybrid..so seems kinda like a moot point.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-03-10 at 09:31 AM.
    11-03-10 09:24 AM
    for battery life i just went to options network settings and put 2g instead of 3g..battery drain is half compared to wid 3g on!!
    11-03-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD