I downloaded the 337 version. my accelerometer now plays only in landscape. is there a way to put the original OS back? is there a link for it? I failed to save it or even remember the number. hoping putting it back would put my accelerometer back.??does it work that way, will putting the original back fix it? sure hope so!
    12-05-10 12:43 AM
    Have you tried reloading the .337 build yet? My accelerometer is working fine on the .337 build, so perhaps reloading the current version will do the trick. If it doesn't work, I would have to think that there are at least a few threads in this forum containing links to old versions of OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 02:49 AM
    Have you tried reloading the .337 build yet? My accelerometer is working fine on the .337 build, so perhaps reloading the current version will do the trick. If it doesn't work, I would have to think that there are at least a few threads in this forum containing links to old versions of OS6.

+1 try re-installing first.
    tcseacliff likes this.
    12-05-10 04:37 AM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if your phone goes from landscape to portrait, isn't the accelerometer working correctly? What else is it suppose to do?
    tcseacliff likes this.
    12-05-10 07:51 AM
    The OP's post seemed to imply this was not the case.

@ the OP

Please clarify the problem a bit.

tcseacliff likes this.
    12-05-10 05:53 PM
    I believe the OP thinks that video will play in portrait mode. Videos from YouTube or saved on your media card will only play in landscape. This is true for the Torch and the Storm series.

tcseacliff likes this.
    12-05-10 06:01 PM
    upon further investigation, i believe you all to be correct. the phone is working correctly. I have never owned a phone with an accelerometer and the particular video I saw for the first time was in an e-mail and did not go to landscape but all my reading bears out what you folks are saying. another noob on the straight and narrow. I am disaapointed though, in this phone not having flash. thanks to all still learning
    12-05-10 07:15 PM
    upon further investigation, i believe you all to be correct. the phone is working correctly. I have never owned a phone with an accelerometer and the particular video I saw for the first time was in an e-mail and did not go to landscape but all my reading bears out what you folks are saying. another noob on the straight and narrow. I am disaapointed though, in this phone not having flash. thanks to all still learning
    Flash is on the way! In the playbook browser they stated it was the torch's browser. I'm assuming this was a possible hint that maybe flash is in the works on the torch.
    12-07-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD