I have a Torch that I bought back when they first came out in Oklahoma from a AT&T store. The phone was made at Mexico 5. It has been updated to the latest version of the software as well.

For the past month or so the phone has been very unstable. Icons will disappear from the Favorites screen and I will have to Unmark for the favorites screen and the mark for the favorites screen for it to show up again. Also both WiFi and bluetooth connections only work part of the time. Just while I'm typing this the phone screen came to life without me even touching the phone. The arrangement of the icons will change too. These are just a few of problems that I have been having.

I have made calls to the AT&T warranty department and they have had me do a wipe of the phone at least 2 or 3 times and yet they will not exchange the phone.

Has anyone been experienced these same issues?
    10-17-10 09:54 PM
    I have a Torch that I bought back when they first came out in Oklahoma from a AT&T store. The phone was made at Mexico 5. It has been updated to the latest version of the software as well.

For the past month or so the phone has been very unstable. Icons will disappear from the Favorites screen and I will have to Unmark for the favorites screen and the mark for the favorites screen for it to show up again. Also both WiFi and bluetooth connections only work part of the time. Just while I'm typing this the phone screen came to life without me even touching the phone. The arrangement of the icons will change too. These are just a few of problems that I have been having.

I have made calls to the AT&T warranty department and they have had me do a wipe of the phone at least 2 or 3 times and yet they will not exchange the phone.

The icons disappearing from the favorites screen is a known issue. I haven't heard of the other two issues you mention. If the phone is more than 30 days old, ATT is under no obligation to replace the phone, unless you purchased the warranty. RIM warrants the phone for 1 year from date of purchase. Have you tried contacting them?
    10-17-10 10:11 PM
    I am paying for insurance on my AT&T account and did call the AT&T warranty department. Is this what you mean? How do I contact RIM for these types of issues?
    10-17-10 10:32 PM
    Have you updated to .246 yet? It's worth a shot if you haven't and if you have then I suggest you go through that warranty to get yourself a replacement Torch.
    10-18-10 12:51 AM
    After a batt pull. I TOO noticed (the second time) that 2 of my favorites were missing. The first time I thought I was nuts LOL. I'm on .246.
    I really like this phone. Super sexy and sheek but it's a little flim-flam at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 05:53 AM
    With OS .246, the only Favorite that was the Text Message icon which is not a big deal. Update to OS .246 and restart the device. If that does not work, the warranty route at least with AT&T will get you a refurb. Insurance claim with AT&T gets you a new one.

10-18-10 06:16 AM
    The icons disappearing from the favorites screen is a known issue. I haven't heard of the other two issues you mention. If the phone is more than 30 days old, ATT is under no obligation to replace the phone, unless you purchased the warranty. RIM warrants the phone for 1 year from date of purchase. Have you tried contacting them?
    AT&T handles the one year warranty for RIM on all AT&T branded Blackberry(s)

10-18-10 11:21 AM

Does your town have a 'AT&T Device Support Center'? If so its a lot easier to deal with them. If not call the warranty dept back and say the other problem is fixed but now the phone won't charge and/or the button plate around the track pad is starting to come off.

When dealing with the call center for the warranty dept most times they'll only do an exchange because of 'known issues'. The problem you are having SHOULD be fixed by reloading the OS and that's why they won't do the exchange. Since they won't send you an exchange just come up with a new unfixable issue (like the ones I described above). You need to remember you are the customer and if you don't like what they have to say then ask for a supervisor - don't take no for an answer. You have a $600 device that isn't working!! These people are awful to deal with but once you turn in to an a��hole they'll do ANYTHING to get you off the phone. Most every time I call AT&T I end up with a credit towards my bill...

But in my many dealings with warranty exchanges the 'Device Support Center' is a lot more understanding with problems like yours...

10-18-10 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD