Hi, I'm new to BB and is wondering how can I put that little mail icon on the top of my handset and how can I get that little mail icon to show my unread mails?
    12-09-10 01:50 AM
    Hi, I'm new to BB and is wondering how can I put that little mail icon on the top of my handset and how can I get that little mail icon to show my unread mails?
    Hi there! First off, welcome to CB!

To answer your question, by default you should have new message notification indicators appear in the notification area of your Home Screen.

If it's not happening, here's how to set it.
    Enter you Messages app and click the MENU key. (This is the BB logo button to left of your trackpad.)
    Scroll down and select Options. (Or click the letter O key and it will jump you there.)

Here's what you should see after selecting Options:

Select the first choice, Message Display and Actions. Then you should see this screen:

As you can see, the 4th or 5th item down is Display New Message Indicator. Ensure you have this checked.
    Right above that is an option for Display Message Count. Make sure that's set to Unread.

Is that what you were asking for?
    Last edited by elite1; 12-09-10 at 02:11 AM.
    funnykindel likes this.
    12-09-10 02:08 AM
    Great!! Thanks Elite1! It's working now! I love BB!
    12-09-10 02:21 AM
    Hi there! First off, welcome to CB!

To answer your question, by default you should have new message notification indicators appear in the notification area of your Home Screen.

If it's not happening, here's how to set it.
    Enter you Messages app and click the MENU key. (This is the BB logo button to left of your trackpad.)
    Scroll down and select Options. (Or click the letter O key and it will jump you there.)

Here's what you should see after selecting Options:

Select the first choice, Message Display and Actions. Then you should see this screen:

As you can see, the 4th or 5th item down is Display New Message Indicator. Ensure you have this checked.
    Right above that is an option for Display Message Count. Make sure that's set to Unread.

Is that what you were asking for?
    thanks a bunch....
    12-10-10 01:34 AM
    O
    Great!! Thanks Elite1! It's working now! I love BB!
    thanks a bunch....
    You're both very welcome. Glad I could help!

And thanks for the Thanks, Kindel!
    12-10-10 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD