I've been using an unlocked Torch on T-Mobile UK for just over a week with no problems. All I did was swap the SIM from my Curve to the Torch, refit the Torch battery and it powered up and registered on BIS. I then set my email up and the phone has been working fine since then. I've read the sticky about saving the service books and loading them on the Torch for T-Mobile USA customers but I didn't have to do this for T-Mobile UK. Will there be any problems if I upgrade the software to the latest leaked version?
    09-16-10 04:37 PM
    Hi Mick,

That must mean that T-Mo UK have carried out some updates recently. I also have the 9800 on T-Mo and I couldnt get it to work without copying over the Service books from my 9000, however this was over 3 weeks ago.

I know the various providers are updating their systems in readiness for OS6 so this is probably what happened.

Can you please confirm that you have no problems with it switching between GPRS and 3G.

Andrew
    09-17-10 02:47 AM
    I usually have 3G first thing in the morning and in the evening. During the day when the network is busy I generally get GPRS only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mick70RR; 09-17-10 at 07:03 AM.
    09-17-10 04:30 AM
    Can you please confirm that you have no problems with it switching between GPRS and 3G.
    Hi Andrew,

Just wondering. Are you having problem with 3G/GPRS switch over on tmobile then ? Ive presently got a 9700 (9800 on order sim free), but have nothing but issues with data locks up once the phone has switched over to GPRS. I now find myself locking it to 3G, but its a battery drainer. Tried many a firmware upgrade but with no success. My last attempt to fix the problem was a sim swap, but still no luck.

Just interested in your Tmobile UK experiences generally
    09-17-10 07:49 AM
    hey,

I also have an unlocked torch on tmobile uk and i havent had any problems with it switching between GPRS and 3G but like the previous post it does switch a lot, however ive heard this is pretty common on t-mobile for any 3G phone.

Also to answer your question about the latest leak os, i have updated to it and have had no problems so far!
    09-17-10 08:09 AM
    Glad to hear it still works after the upgrade. I haven't experienced any of the reported problems with the released software but I still might have a go at upgrading this weekend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 08:43 AM
    Hi Andrew,

Just wondering. Are you having problem with 3G/GPRS switch over on tmobile then ? Ive presently got a 9700 (9800 on order sim free), but have nothing but issues with data locks up once the phone has switched over to GPRS. I now find myself locking it to 3G, but its a battery drainer. Tried many a firmware upgrade but with no success. My last attempt to fix the problem was a sim swap, but still no luck.

Just interested in your Tmobile UK experiences generally
    I had a few issues with the data services earlier on but a replacement sim resolved that. Now I get the odd issue when I am at home and connected to GPRS with websites not being available.
    However I suspect that this may be my local transmitter, I am checking whilst on the move before I complain to T-Mo.
    09-17-10 01:41 PM
    Just loaded v6.0.0.225 and it's registered on the network and working fine. Only did it a few minutes ago but I noticed the virtual keyboard is much nicer to use and the os seems a bit quicker.
    09-18-10 06:38 AM
    Just loaded v6.0.0.225 and it's registered on the network and working fine. Only did it a few minutes ago but I noticed the virtual keyboard is much nicer to use and the os seems a bit quicker.
    Thats great news, please keep us posted
    09-18-10 07:18 AM
    Thinking of picking a Torch up soon. You guys still having no issues with t-mo uk?

Thanks
    11-07-10 04:01 AM
    No issues at all. Just upgraded the OS this weekend to .337, worth doing when you get your Torch.
    11-07-10 06:42 AM
    Ooh! Great, thanks for the swift reply!

Did you upgrade via Desktop manager or another way?

Also does the network sharing with Orange work?

Cheers
    Last edited by lerxster; 11-07-10 at 07:18 AM.
    11-07-10 06:49 AM
    Im on Orange and yes it works for me linking with T mobile but it is not seamless at the mo.seems if i loose connection with Orange which happens a few times a day it then switches to T Mob however Orange have told me this will not be the case in the near future but when that will happen they did not say 6months a year maybe.
    Pity they didnt merge with O2 as my PAYG O2 standby phone has 6 bars 24/7.So if this merger does not improve connection for me, then i'll be going to O2.
    11-07-10 07:50 AM
    Ooh! Great, thanks for the swift reply!

Did you upgrade via Desktop manager or another way?

Also does the network sharing with Orange work?

Cheers
    Just uninstalled .246, installed .337 and ran Loader.exe.
    Network sharing works fine, I often see T-Mobile Orange on GPRS or EDGE.
    11-07-10 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD