help?, hey would u know what would i have to do to get the internet working on t-mobile?, i bought the 9800 torch, unlocked on EDGE, but i cant get the browser to work. i had a 9700.... when i try going to a internet site, i get a message that pops up:

your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

does this mean i have to change my blackberry internet web to a smartphone web through my t-mobile carrier??
    08-13-10 11:46 AM
    I think the problem is T-Mobile does not have the service books for the new webkit browser. Someone else should have some more information though. Just sit tight.
    08-13-10 11:51 AM
    Here, try this:

Go to MyTmobile Log in, go to email set up and choose change device. Enter the Bold's PIN and IEMI number and send service books. You may also need to register with the network by going to options>advanced>host routing table>menu>register now. Good Luck. Let us know. And don't for get to set your TCP APN settings by going to: Options>Advanced Options>TCP. APN should say wap.voicestream.com Nothing under user name or password.
    Personally, I want to see if it will work on WIND Mobile up in Canada, so let me know the results.

Other than that, just check these threads: http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=28447224
    08-13-10 11:56 AM
    Let me know if it works fine, I also have T-Mobile and will be getting a Torch if all works fine, please send PM if u get it to work without any issues TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 11:59 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=513408 . This is a post on the 9800 thread today. It's from a TMO person who got the 9800 working on internet, including UMA/ Wifi

08-13-10 03:19 PM
    just need Tmobile service books. Just like unlocking a Verizon Storm, and working it on ATT/Tmobile.
    08-13-10 03:21 PM
    just curious, what is the point of getting the device if it will not work on a 3g network? I mean, do you really like the form factor, v6 and other things that much more than say a 9700 that you are willing to trade the network speed for it? I sure as heck would not, lol.
    08-13-10 03:21 PM
    just curious, what is the point of getting the device if it will not work on a 3g network? I mean, do you really like the form factor, v6 and other things that much more than say a 9700 that you are willing to trade the network speed for it? I sure as heck would not, lol.
    I dont think giving up network speed is that bad. When I unlocked the Storm 1 to use on AT&T and only had EDGE service, my battery life was twice as good as a friends who was using the "3G" on verizon(EVDO or whatever its called)
    08-13-10 03:28 PM
    I dont think giving up network speed is that bad. When I unlocked the Storm 1 to use on AT&T and only had EDGE service, my battery life was twice as good as a friends who was using the "3G" on verizon(EVDO or whatever its called)
    you have to be joking, edge vs 3g ? I just came off an 8120 and the difference is night and day - the processor and memory certainly factor but the performance difference is major imo not to mention being able to be on calls and get email or tether. I just can't see the 9800 being that great a device on its own, why not just switch to att, they cannot be that much worse in a big city than tmo, I mean I would not switch as I love tmo but you get my point, if you have to have a device then why not get 100% of what its about and what it has to offer, having webkit and pinch on edge makes to sense to me
    08-13-10 03:37 PM
    you have to be joking, edge vs 3g ? I just came off an 8120 and the difference is night and day - the processor and memory certainly factor but the performance difference is major imo not to mention being able to be on calls and get email or tether. I just can't see the 9800 being that great a device on its own, why not just switch to att, they cannot be that much worse in a big city than tmo, I mean I would not switch as I love tmo but you get my point, if you have to have a device then why not get 100% of what its about and what it has to offer, having webkit and pinch on edge makes to sense to me

I dont think you understood my post, maybe it was confusing the way it was typed out. I was merely saying that I would get better battery life on EDGE than 3G.

If you dont believe take your new torch use it regularly for a day on 3G, then the next day use it on EDGE. I can almost guarantee that you will use more battery life on 3G.

I am not saying i am using TMO, I have ATT
    08-13-10 03:40 PM
    I dont think you understood my post, maybe it was confusing the way it was typed out. I was merely saying that I would get better battery life on EDGE than 3G.

If you dont believe take your new torch use it regularly for a day on 3G, then the next day use it on EDGE. I can almost guarantee that you will use more battery life on 3G.

I am not saying i am using TMO, I have ATT
    who cares about battery life, lol -- all I saw was 'I dont think giving up network speed is that bad' I don't know what to say man, if you think edge works well enough then I guess I am happy for you but I won't be digging my 8120 out of the garage anytime soon. take care
    08-13-10 04:01 PM
    The wenkit browser is pretty good over edge. Not a big deal for me considering the 9700 seemed to max out at 500kbps for me anyway.

who cares about battery life, lol -- all I saw was 'I dont think giving up network speed is that bad' I don't know what to say man, if you think edge works well enough then I guess I am happy for you but I won't be digging my 8120 out of the garage anytime soon. take care
    08-13-10 05:23 PM
    cool, so i found a t-mobile servicebook file for blackberry, downloaded it to my computer, and then restored it to my blackberry using desktop manager. so far, web works fine, edge works fine, some apps work, but my twitter app isnt.. now i do have a question, do t-mobile service books for blackberry expire after a curtain time or is it all the same file? ive downloaded one that was 2009, just curious.

im not to good with all this stuff, im new it it, and now i have to figure out how to get the UMA / wifi to get going.........
    08-14-10 04:01 AM
    another thing ive notice? i cant send any MMS... just text. weird. what do i do.
    08-14-10 04:02 AM
    genaro how did u make it work can u give me instructions? my browser doesnt work cant go online?
    08-18-10 07:18 PM
    I got my browser to work but now my emails dont work, I dont even have my email icon. Please help
    08-19-10 12:05 AM
    who cares about browser speed right?

do you even know if he's on wifi?
    08-19-10 12:42 AM
    I use wifi 90% of the time myself. I rarely use 3G or EDGE but I'm ok with EDGE speeds.
    08-19-10 12:48 AM
    help?, hey would u know what would i have to do to get the internet working on t-mobile?, i bought the 9800 torch, unlocked on EDGE, but i cant get the browser to work. i had a 9700.... when i try going to a internet site, i get a message that pops up:

your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.

does this mean i have to change my blackberry internet web to a smartphone web through my t-mobile carrier??
    This will help it did for me

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/t-mobile-unlocked-9800-everything-works-instructions-513408/index8.html

Do everything just like it sais and ull be ok

08-19-10 01:59 AM
    Hi Guys

I got the Blackberry Torch on AT&T from a friend. I'm on T-Mobile, so I had it unlocked.

Had all the problems as everyone else, no internet etc but then I found out that you can replace the service books using the Blackberry Desktop Manager, all you need is the files.

This only works on PC, I have a mac so I had to borrow a buddys PC. I followed a few simple steps (you need a file to put the service books on) and voila! everything works (you do have to resend the email service books as well).

If you need the files and instructions, pm me, but trust me, if I can do this, anyone can... i'm not useless with computers but i'm not exactly a whizz either!

MMS, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Internet, Email, WiFi... everything works.

Yes, I gave up 3G speed, but I look cool as beans with my new Torch. bahahahahaa.
    08-25-10 04:48 PM
    lets see tmobile GSM 1900 frequincy / Torch GSM 1900 frequincy. 3G should work fine. it supports the same 3G frequincy.
    08-26-10 06:22 PM
    1700MHz on tmobile.

lets see tmobile GSM 1900 frequincy / Torch GSM 1900 frequincy. 3G should work fine. it supports the same 3G frequincy.
    08-26-10 06:52 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=513408 . This is a post on the 9800 thread today. It's from a TMO person who got the 9800 working on internet, including UMA/ Wifi

i followed all the instruction already and got my browser works for 1 weeks. i noticed today that i can't use the browser on my torch. anyone please help?
    08-26-10 07:09 PM
    Hey can u pls tell me the instructions to get the internet, twitter and fb working on my phone. Thank u!
    08-30-10 10:08 PM
    I had same problems I fixed it here how u do it get ur sim put it in ur old blackberry or someone else w tmobile blackberry w working browser then go to options, advanced options, then service books then hold aLt while typing sbeb to enable legacy mode then go desktop manager connect ur bb to it go restore and back up go advanced and on right side go service books and go click on left arrow in middle then highlight the service book on left side then file, save then rename it 9800 servicebook then get that sim card out put back in torch then go options adcvanced options then service books then alt sbeb to activate legacy then connect to desktop manager then go restore then find 9800servicebook that u saved then install it then ur done ! Check service status make sure connected to blackberry internet service I assume ur not connected w EDGE

08-30-10 11:08 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD