I just bought an unlocked Bell Torch and I put in my Telus SIM card and it will not connect to any network. It will only be in SOS mode. I checked to make sure the phone was unlocked properly and it is:

SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    Phone Number Unknown Number

Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Thanks
    11-21-10 10:54 AM
    Go to: Manage Connections >Mobile Network Options

Make sure under Mobile Network it says:

Network Selection: Automaic
    Network Mode: 3G & 2G; or 3G

As Telus has no edge network there is no 2G technically.
    11-21-10 11:15 AM
    Yup tried that and no luck. I think it may be the SIM card or some other settings that Telus has to adjust. My Storm was setup for international calling so it can roam networks but right now it the storm is only detecting the 1xEV and not any of the 3Gs. Unfourtunately, Telus' client services is being upgraded this weekend so I have to wait to see if there is something wrong on their end.

Thanks though
    11-21-10 11:40 AM
    Yup tried that and no luck. I think it may be the SIM card or some other settings that Telus has to adjust. My Storm was setup for international calling so it can roam networks but right now it the storm is only detecting the 1xEV and not any of the 3Gs. Unfourtunately, Telus' client services is being upgraded this weekend so I have to wait to see if there is something wrong on their end.

Thanks though
    Are you using the international SIM that came with the Storm? If that's the case, it won't work and you have to go get an HSPA SIM from Telus. Your account is most likely associated with the ESN of the Storm and not a SIM. You will have to get the ESN swapped to the SIM of the account. One thing to remember, is that when you switch the account to the SIM, the Storm will become unusable. Depending on which data plan you have on your account, it might also be incompatible with the HSPA network.
    11-21-10 11:47 AM
    did you put your sim card in upside down? (180 degree in the wrong direction) I've done that a couple times because it's backwards of what I feel is natural for it.
    11-21-10 11:48 AM
    If you are using the SIM card that came with the Storm. That SIM card is not meant to work within North America. You need to go to Telus to buy a HSPA SIM.
    11-21-10 12:00 PM
    Is your phone radio on ... meaning in manage conections mobile network and wifi..
    11-21-10 01:55 PM
    I heard there having delays at telus? maybe that could be the problem. Can anyone esle confirm this? Also i had the similar problem a couple of days ago when i was switching phones. It took me 8 hours for my phone to stop showing SOS and start work (not unlocked phone)
    11-21-10 02:43 PM
    Is the Storms ESN still on your account? Or did you already go into a Telus retailer and pick up a HSPA SIM card and its still no working?

If you are using the same SIM that came with the Storm it won't work unless you travel outside of North America.
    11-21-10 03:26 PM
    Thanks for all the help. I got a new SIM card and transferred my plan over to it and everything works just fine.

You all rock!
    11-21-10 07:11 PM
    Enjoy the phone!!! Glad everything worked out for you
    11-21-10 07:21 PM
    Thanks for all the help. I got a new SIM card and transferred my plan over to it and everything works just fine.

You all rock!
    Does your internet work fine ??
    11-21-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD