I bought a Torch from Best Buy on Sunday because my Curve was stolen on Saturday night. I was told the phone could be unlocked for use with tmobile, when I put my new sim in after I had it unlocked (at a very sketchy place) calls and texts worked but email and data did not!

I have spoken to Tmobile, at&t, RIM and Blackberry directly. Not a single person had any idea what I was talking about, said it looked fine on their end, expressed shock when they told me to go to an option that didn't exist on my device and then palmed me off onto someone else. This has been going on for 2 days and I have missed a tonne of work because of it!!!
    I have read a few posts that say you need to do something to the old device but as it was stolen I don't have it so am unable to! Someone also said you have to do something on a PC but I have a mac. I have EDGE I know I wont be able to get 3G but data should still work on EDGE??
    I really have no idea what to do, no one is giving me any viable options. I tried downloading service books from the blackberry website but when I opened it it would only open in text edit. I really hope someone can help me!
    sorry to have gone on but needed to explain full situation. Please help!!! thanks, Jade x
    11-02-10 08:47 PM
    11-02-10 08:53 PM
    THANK YOU PAPPED
    I managed to follow your steps and my phone is now working! Amazing!

Enjoy your night!!!! I'm so happy now xx
    11-02-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD