Hello,

My carrier, Vodafone IT, will start selling BB Torch 9800 soon, at the exaggerated price of 650 �!!! (650!! as much as the "luxurious" iPhone 4...)

I would like to get one, as I love the idea of a "hybrid" phone, with both touch screen and physical keyboard. And my Bold 9700 has got a couple of defects...

So, I looked at eBay and I found an unlocked Torch at 100� less than the one that will be in Vodafone stores.
    They say it comes from the UK, so it is european.

My question, however, is: will I be able to use a BlackBerry data plan (and thus BIS) on that unlocked phone?
    I do currently have that option with my Bold 9700, and I can receive emails, use BB Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, etc. Will that work on the unlocked 9800 too, as soon as I move the SIM to the new one?
    I will never buy it if I can't use BIS, in fact (actually, I bought my Bold primarily because I wanted to receive push emails).

Thank you in advance.
    11-01-10 12:20 PM
    Yes, as long as its unlocked and the PIN isn't barred, BIS will work just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 02:10 PM

^^ What he said.
    11-01-10 02:16 PM
    Ditto u can use it on any carrier's network

11-01-10 02:17 PM
    I bought my Torch for 714 USD unlocked from Dubai

11-01-10 02:17 PM

Thank you for your answer.
    What do you mean with "PIN isn't barred"?
    Also, will I have to do any operation to make it work with my SIM? I read something in this forum about moving configurations from the 9700 to the 9800...

11-01-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD