Ok here's the problem. I buy an unlocked Torch two weeks ago and everything worked well (bbmsn, live msn all that) with the exception of the Internet Browser, and the e-mail setup app. so i went to the forums and used the "Unlocked torch tutorial - everything works" it fixed the browser error but i still can't fix the email thing. I went to messages>options> setup email and a window shows up with this "Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider". I even went to www.xxx.blackberry.com (xxx meaning my service provider) but when i try to make an account, another error shows up saying that i must do all that in my blackberry device (even though i make all this on my torch). Anyone now what i can do about it? Everything else works on my torch but I still dont know whats wrong, and cant get emails on my device. Thanks in advance for the help
    09-29-10 11:00 AM
    by the way sorry for the duplicate thread, dont know what happened
    09-29-10 11:04 AM
    are you paying for the BIS data plan? You won't be able to set up your email without it as well as use a few apps. If you do have it, then you may need to resend your service books to the phone and/or also if you cannot register your acct online then I'd call customer support to help out.
    09-29-10 11:14 AM
    No BB Data Plan = no email. You can't set up an account at your provider's BIS site if the phone isn't registered on the network with a BB data plan.
    09-29-10 11:18 AM
    are you paying for the BIS data plan? You won't be able to set up your email without it as well as use a few apps. If you do have it, then you may need to resend your service books to the phone and/or also if you cannot register your acct online then I'd call customer support to help out.
    yes, i do have a data plan. As i said, bbmsn, live msn works but not the emails, can't even set it up...
    09-29-10 11:26 AM
    You specifically have a BlackBerry Data Plan? Those apps will work on just a standard data plan but things that need to go through the BB servers such as email will not work without a BB data plan.
    09-29-10 11:35 AM
    are you going to the msn site via the browser? It might be using the wifi

is your bbm working?
    09-29-10 11:36 AM
    yes, i'm using a blackberry data plan. im not connecting to the browser using wi-fi and still get that error when trying to set up my accounts
    09-29-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD