Hi. I am unable to restore several programs (PWKeeper, BBM, BBTraffic, Memo, Tasks, Maps) after a wipe and OS upgrade. I backed up the phone prior to the wipe but did not turn off wireless sync. Learning now that I should have. I have deleted desktop sync service book, rebooted, tried to restore. No success. Even reinstalled OS. Is there combo-keys to enter on phone that turns off wireless sync prior to restore? DM is not allowing me to restore these apps. 9850 Storm. Thx for help.
    06-15-12 09:49 AM
    By default dm does not backup apps. This is old but still relevant I think.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...updated-53201/

Edit: BTW 9850 is not a storm, thankfully.
    06-15-12 10:01 AM
    kbz...thx...Storm reference is kinda day I'm having trying to figure this out. At this point, Im trying to restore the apps. If wireless sync is preventing DM to restore BBPWK, Memo, Tasks, etc on phone, what's the workaround? I tried deleting desktop service book but that's not working either. I read about some ALT hotkey combo but that didn't work. I used BBProtect to restore my BBPWK DB but the app isn't on the phone it.
    06-15-12 10:37 AM
    Okay bb apps, those can be be chosen to be installed or not with the check boxes when installing an OS. Did you shrink the OS?
    06-15-12 11:20 AM
    No shrink. i used BBSAK to back up 3rd party and DM to load OS
    06-15-12 11:30 AM
    When loading did you scroll thru the list to see what was checked and unchecked? I only use bbsak to wipe but thought I had read it doesn't work with OS7 for other functions.
    06-15-12 11:41 AM
    Ya, thought I did. I've been able to use BBSAK to reload COD files for BBPWK from an old backup. I reloaded the other BB apps from BBAW. Just missing Tasks and Device Analyzer. Could probably find alternatives.
    06-15-12 12:13 PM
    Are they in the application folder or another?
    06-15-12 12:18 PM
    COD were in a backup BBSAK folder. Can't find a TASK COD anywhere on pc. Found another task program that I'll try.
    06-15-12 12:51 PM
    Update...BBPWK disappeared again and is showing up as not able to restore in DM. Hate to say it but BBSAK is the only new thing I've done this time. I've upgraded in the past without a problem.
    06-15-12 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD