I have read lots of posts, but can't seem to find a clear answer.

My Torch is on Telus. Currently I use a cheap Virgin pay as you go when I travel to the UK, several times a year. I would like to have my Torch unlocked and get a UK SIM.

1) Which is the best carrier to get a SIM only pay as you go that will support email and data on the Torch in the UK?

2) Will this work without my device having to be deregistered from Telus? I.e. can I just swap SIMs witout doing anything else?

TIA.
    01-24-11 06:07 PM
    Just did the unlock with cellunlock.net, with the crackb50 code, came to $10. Had the code in < 5 minutes, easy as pie.

I inserted my UK Virgin pay as you go SIM and it picked up the service books through the Rogers network within 2 - 3 minutes.

All I need to know for sure is whether I can get full service through one of the UK carriers!

TIA.
    01-24-11 08:04 PM
    1. O2 pay as u go does a good deal on a top up of 15 pounds I think that comes with free bbm/data or some'in along those lines. Alternatively I'd try voda pay as u go

2. U might have to go thru the hassle of reregisterig ur fone every time u switch sims by ringing ur carrier or by using the email set up option but it shldnt be a problem. I do it whenever I travel in the summer mths.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nashstruck; 01-24-11 at 10:10 PM.
    01-24-11 10:07 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    01-25-11 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD