the little txt bubble to the left in the txt screen on some of my txts will turn green. When it does this, I go to open the txt to read it and there is nothing there and it brings up the keyboard like it thinks I want to type and send a reply... only there is no previous part of the conversation there. I just opened up my txt folder and noticed a second message thread has the green bubble now.... the date on the newest green txt bubble is dec 16th.

I was just thinking, is there an option that automatically "deletes" conversations after a certain time from the last txt? If so, where do I lengthen that time? this is the 3rd or 4th time this had happened and all I can do is delete the message to get rid of the green bubble. I really wanted to save one of the messages to use as "proof of a threat" if need be....

hope this makes sense, any ideas how to recover these messages or what settings need to be changes if thats the case?

Thanks.
    01-01-11 06:59 PM
    If I'm not mistaken that means you are in the middle of composing a message.
    01-01-11 07:05 PM
    thats what I thought at first but I never tried to reply to them after the last txt was sent. It wont let me "unselect" the reply screen if that is the case that it thinks I was wanting to do... which I dont. It just deceided to turn the bubble green on the left of the list of conversations screen.
    01-01-11 07:12 PM
    Sure you haven't accidently entered a space into the reply field of the txt? That's caught me out before... Had to open the msg and delete the space before the indicator turns back to normal from green (if that makes sense?).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 01:58 AM
    When the text box turns green it means you started composing a message. If you hit reply or opened the text and accidentally hit the keyboard(physical or virtual) it thinks your going to reply. What I do is sometimes when this happens is simply open the message back up(this usually results in the virtual keyboard opening with the message if the physical isn't opened), hit the backspace key and swipe the virtual closed. This has always worked for me.
    01-02-11 06:59 AM
    well, sorry guys.... I opened it back up, hit the backspace a few times then closed it out.... still green.... I'll give it a few more days to see if anyone else has any idea then I'll probably just delete them... if anyone else has any ideas, let me know....

thanks for the ideas so far.
    01-02-11 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD