Hey Guys

I heard many time about updating my BIS before i travel so i can get other network bb work on my bb.

How can I install the service book for STC , how can update mine to work there ?

I already unlocked thought

thanks
    12-15-10 07:30 AM
    just do a battery pull and your service books will be updated to the new network. Nothing much you need to worry. The only thing you might loose is your e-mails. They are not lost, but you dont longer see the e-mail icons anymore.

- Charles
    12-15-10 10:44 AM
    so , Is there any way to keep using my BBM while i am overseas with No extra charge ??
    12-15-10 12:34 PM
    Nope. You will need a BlackBerry Data Plan covering the area in which you will be traveling.
    12-15-10 06:10 PM
    SIM card from local carrier would be cheaper. Your number would change though.
    12-16-10 05:45 AM
    Nope. You will need a BlackBerry Data Plan covering the area in which you will be traveling.
    I read somewhere that you could BBM for free with no extra charge is the other person is overseas. So the person overseas would still have to purchased an Int'l plan? I know they would need a plan to talk and/or use the internet, but I thought BBM was for blackberry to blackberry communication (no Int'l plan needed)?
    12-16-10 08:24 AM
    Your data plan covers you in accordance with where YOU are located. Where the other person is located doesn't matter.

So, here's how it would work.

You are in your home area. You have have an active BlackBerry Data Plan. You can:
    a) Send and receive BBM messages to and from anyone else with a BlackBerry Data Plan active where they are located.

You are in an area OTHER THAN your home area.
    1) You have a BlackBerry Data Plan covering that area. You can:
    a) Send and receive BBM messages to and from anyone else with a BlackBerry Data plan active where they are located.

2) You do NOT have a BlackBerry Data Plan covering that area. You canNOT:
    a) Send and receive BBM messages to and from anyone else.
    12-16-10 02:01 PM
    I have a difference of opinion regarding motorbike momma...

I think if you have no international dataplan, you might still be able to connect to BIS via wifi if you can get to a wifi hotspot in your destination.
    12-16-10 02:24 PM
    The OP said nothing about using WiFi.

The OP's request was "so i can get other network bb work on my bb".
    12-16-10 03:55 PM
    I have a difference of opinion regarding motorbike momma...

I think if you have no international dataplan, you might still be able to connect to BIS via wifi if you can get to a wifi hotspot in your destination.
    Can someone verify this. My girlfriend and I are both currently in the US but she is going over seas next year. We both have blackberries and plan on using bbm to communicate ( and skype).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 06:27 PM
    Can someone verify this. My girlfriend and I are both currently in the US but she is going over seas next year. We both have blackberries and plan on using bbm to communicate ( and skype).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's been pretty well explained already. Each of you is going to need an active, functioning Blackberry data plan through whatever carrier each of you is going to use at the time you're BBMing each other. The cheapest way for her is to get a SIM, phone number & data plan through the local overseas carrier. Your BIS connection is PIN based. So, if she's using the same phone there that she's using here & that PIN is already in your contacts, your connection should be good to go as soon as she's set up on the new carrier.
    12-16-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD