Evening...

Newbie question..

I have just upgraded my Blackberry from the Bold 9700 to the Torch.

I have been through the Device Switch using the latest version of the Desktop Manager however it has not transferred over my old emails/texts/MMS etc...

I have trawled the internet for the past few days to find an answer and the only answers i can find are that "you use the device switch of the desktop manager"...

Does anyone know how i can retrieve my old emails / texts / MMS etc from my old phone?

Thanks
    03-02-11 03:29 PM
    if you mean to start recieving the email on your new device, you would need to log into the BIS site for your provider and have the service books sent to your device thus enabling the new one to receive the emails and such. but i take it you want the ones that are still on the old device then you would need to perform a back up of the data on the old device which was most likely done on during the device switch. next you would need to do an advanced restore from the old device backup to the new device. You will then have the opportunity to pick what data you want restored (email, sms, mms, passwords and such) hope this helps
    03-02-11 03:46 PM
    if you mean to start recieving the email on your new device, you would need to log into the BIS site for your provider and have the service books sent to your device thus enabling the new one to receive the emails and such. but i take it you want the ones that are still on the old device then you would need to perform a back up of the data on the old device which was most likely done on during the device switch. next you would need to do an advanced restore from the old device backup to the new device. You will then have the opportunity to pick what data you want restored (email, sms, mms, passwords and such) hope this helps
    Thanks for this..

On the latest version of desktop manager, there is no option for an advanced restore, only a standard restore.
    03-02-11 03:53 PM
    if i remember correctly, there should be a box that will allow you to select the data to restore, i don't have the desktop manager open on my work computer. if it is not there, then you can just restore the data from the backup to your new device and you will have the old messages you wanted.
    03-02-11 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD