I'm having some issues with my Torch's trackpad, primarily when scrolling vertically.

Sometimes when I scroll up using the trackpad it will be VERY slow.

Also, it will click links without me actually clicking the trackpad.

Are there any new software versions coming out that will fix this? I'm running .246.

Thanks.
    11-14-10 07:55 PM
    I've heard people telling others to try putting your shirt between your finger and the pad. If that doesn't help then it's defective. If it does then you just need to wipe the sweat from your finger.
    11-14-10 08:23 PM
    I've heard people telling others to try putting your shirt between your finger and the pad. If that doesn't help then it's defective. If it does then you just need to wipe the sweat from your finger.
    When I put my shirt between my finger and the trackpad, it works beautifully. I tried wiping my finger off and everything but it still doesn't work very well.

Thanks.
    11-14-10 08:35 PM
    You can try searching around here for the thread, I myself am a little to lazy this time of night to search for it for you. Might be something I missed as I didn't pay to close attention to the threads as I don't have any issues with my trackpad.
    11-14-10 08:44 PM
    I just did a little research myself and after reading a few threads. Seems the general consensus was the trackpad was defective. Threads either died or no one posted that they got it to work properly again. So I'm thinking those that had an issue just got the device replaced.
    11-14-10 08:49 PM
    IMO, go for an exchange while you still can do it for free!
    11-15-10 10:07 AM
    IMO, go for an exchange while you still can do it for free!
    Serious?

I'm having issues with my trackpad as well. I have not even had the phone for a week, but the trackpad seems uber weak. I have changed the sensitivity, tried to clean it but it just seems to lag and not work properly.

I just tried putting my shirt over it and it works wonderful when I do that but I dont wanna do that every time I use the trackpad!?!

Any remedies to this?
    11-15-10 05:05 PM
    Serious?

I'm having issues with my trackpad as well. I have not even had the phone for a week, but the trackpad seems uber weak. I have changed the sensitivity, tried to clean it but it just seems to lag and not work properly.

I just tried putting my shirt over it and it works wonderful when I do that but I dont wanna do that every time I use the trackpad!?!

Any remedies to this?
    Well, when I had my Torch last Monday, the trackpad wasn't responsive, + it has some camera issues, so I went for an exchange on Friday. Now everything's working very well with no problems at all, just like how it should be. Just remember to test it out in the store before you bring the baby home!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 07:57 PM
    Well, when I had my Torch last Monday, the trackpad wasn't responsive, + it has some camera issues, so I went for an exchange on Friday. Now everything's working very well with no problems at all, just like how it should be. Just remember to test it out in the store before you bring the baby home!

Kool. Thanks for the heads up. I would really hate to exchange the phone because I just got it but looks like im going to have to. My trackpad just doesnt seem to be working like it should.
    11-15-10 09:28 PM
    Kool. Thanks for the heads up. I would really hate to exchange the phone because I just got it but looks like im going to have to. My trackpad just doesnt seem to be working like it should.
    I know how you feel. However, better to exchange it now when you haven't put all your data/contacts/apps in it. Reinstalling/restoring is an absolute pain. Especially the apps you buy - have to key in the activation code all over again!!

Goodluck!

11-16-10 12:57 AM
    Unfortunately, this was the second reason why I returned my Torch and got a 9700 instead.

1st problem I had was not being able to get used to the physical keyboard and hating the virtual keyboard.

2nd problem was the trackpad, at times it would work, at times it will be very jerky and not as precise. Everytime I tried my GF's 8520 and saw how smooth it was regardless of my hands being damp or not, I felt jealous, so I took it back to the store and told them to remove that glitchy trackpad and put the 8520 trackpad instea,d the technician said they are not intercompatible, so I just returned it and got a a full refund then bought me a 9700 and i'm satisfied now. I didn't want to pay $700 USD for a device that wasn't perfect all round although I loved that big screen.

But trackpad is the most important for me so if it's faulty I would definately complain until it was PERFECT, not just ok
    11-16-10 01:06 AM
    Great phone, but terrible build quality. My first Torch's trackpad was so bad that it was almost unuseable. And while I was waiting for my swap it developped a terribly loose slider. I'm now on my second one which is pretty good, but it's still not as responsive as my 9700's trackpad. And this one had a loose slider right out of the box. I just ordered my third Torch which will take a couple weeks to arrive. Unfortunately my 30 days is now up, so after this one it's warranty repair. RIM really needs to invest some money into quality control.

Last edited by seaners; 11-16-10 at 09:41 AM.
    11-16-10 02:32 AM
    To each of his own. I'm on the second Torch and love it. The trackpad is as good as my Bold 9700.

P.S. A lesson learned for myself - check and make sure everything's working perfectly before leaving the store!
    11-16-10 05:50 AM
    Exchange! I wouldn't want to either but its your hard-earned money so make sure you purchase something that works 100%

11-16-10 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD