I can not seem to select a icon and enter it? It will highlight but not enter the app/link.

Trackpad working fine. Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers
    09-21-10 02:07 PM
    Nope, what OS are you running on it? If you can highlight and move on screen, then you touchscreen seems to be functioning as it can read inputs. It would appear to be software related, try doing a factory reset or installing a different OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 02:17 PM
    This happened to me on the original software but not on the leaked updates.
    09-21-10 02:18 PM
    Also you can take it back if your are still within the 30 days (probably the easiest). But you will run the risk of returning a phone that may be physically perfect for another that may have a loose screen (etc.)

Also just occured to me, but what is your "tap" interval set on under the screen settings?

09-21-10 02:29 PM
    I can not seem to select a icon and enter it? It will highlight but not enter the app/link.

Trackpad working fine. Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers
    This might sound like a silly answer, but are you sure you are just tapping the highlighted icon and hot tapping and holding? If you tap and hold and hold it too long, it wont take. Even a second too long will change it from an "enter" command, to a "highlight" command. You can adjust your touchscreen settings to make it more suited to your tastes.

JJ
    09-21-10 07:57 PM
    I had this problem, but only with the AT&t App Center Icon - I did a battery pull and seemed to solved the problem.
    09-21-10 08:22 PM
    Thankyou very much everyone, I have managed to sort the problem. Here's what happened.

Got the phone yesterday, got it home and updated to latest OS strait away, and then synced with my old storm 1. I was pretty sure it was working fine before this.

I thought it could be an issue with the new OS, but turns out not. On my storm the tap interval must have been set on 100, so that setting came to the torch with the sync . That was where my problem lied!

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated =)
    09-21-10 10:33 PM
    I had the same problem I think it was because it transfered the surepress settings and as you know the torch doesn't have what I did was wipe and reinstall in OS and never had a problem again

09-22-10 07:08 AM
    It is also equally possible that the touchscreen sensitivity needs to be changed as well as inadvertantly brushing the screen coming out of a holster or pocket. The track pad may also have been brushed. I would say that at least some of it is due to this but some may also be OS related.
    09-22-10 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD