My touchscreen and the scrolling on the trackpad stop working randomly when I unlock my phone. The press on the trackpad and the 4 buttons work fine, as does the keyboard. Locking and unlocking the phone quick using the lock button on the top left fixes this. This seems to occurly randomly.

I have read a few things in posts/threads talking about a 6 tool issue causing this and there is a fix? Does anyone know what this is about and how to resolve this? Any help would be appreciated.
    05-13-11 01:41 AM
    Battery pull and OS reload help the problem occur less frequently but it still does. Running rogers official update... 0.448.
    05-14-11 09:12 AM
    Are you still using 6 tool ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 11:54 AM
    Maybe i'm really stupid but I dont know what 6 tool is....
    05-14-11 01:42 PM
    Maybe i'm really stupid but I dont know what 6 tool is....
    Your OP said you read about 6 tool possibly causing it.. 6 tool is an app... I guess I assumed if you were reading about it causing problems, that you were using / had installed that app...

If your device is still under warranty, bring it back for another one

05-14-11 02:11 PM
    I would recomend, instead of reloading your current OS .448, upgrade to one of the newer OS, up to .570, as there seems to be some minor difficulty with .576, see if that don't help out, By the way my issue with SixTools is if you have the the cradle unlock on, and plug intoa charging source, there is no trackpad navigation, and the touchscreen locks up until I remove it from the charging source, the only way i have currently fixed that is to shut off cradle unlock, this issue has been in the last couple of OS Update builds.
    Last edited by Happy-J; 06-02-11 at 11:33 AM.
    06-02-11 11:28 AM
    I would recomend, instead of reloading your current OS .448, upgrade to one of the newer OS, up to .570, as there seems to be some minor difficulty with .576, see if that don't help out, By the way my issue with SixTools is if you have the the cradle unlock on, and plug intoa charging source, there is no trackpad navigation, and the touchscreen locks up until I remove it from the charging source, the only way i have currently fixed that is to shut off cradle unlock, this issue has been in the last couple of OS Update builds.

Same issue here

06-02-11 07:56 PM
    FWIW, I'm on .570 and using SixTools with no problems. I don't use a cradle, and don't use the portrait lock feature of SixTools. I DO use the 3 additional convenience keys, and rely on the battery meter.
    06-02-11 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD