Hey guys. Don't post very often, so I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this.

But yeah from time to time, I will resort to using the touchscreen on my Torch but the "touch" is off. For example, I'll try to access my new texts or emails at the top bar, but the Torch will select the sound profiles instead. So far battery pulls have helped, but it's becoming pretty annoying since I have an otterbox on. Apparently the phone is updated to current standards. Oh, and I got the phone this past Wednesday. Is this something I should go into AT&T for? Thanks for any and all help.
    11-26-10 11:19 AM
    I notice this sometimes, too. I don't even think there's a way to calibrate it?
    11-26-10 12:17 PM
    Noticed that on the two Torch's I tried. It often didn't select what I wanted to select. I just figured RIM's touchscreen software wasn't as good as others in determining what I wanted to select so I returned it.

Didn't consider doing battery pulls in hopes it would fix the issue though. Maybe new OS releases will make it better.
    11-26-10 12:30 PM
    Hey guys. Don't post very often, so I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this.

But yeah from time to time, I will resort to using the touchscreen on my Torch but the "touch" is off. For example, I'll try to access my new texts or emails at the top bar, but the Torch will select the sound profiles instead. So far battery pulls have helped, but it's becoming pretty annoying since I have an otterbox on. Apparently the phone is updated to current standards. Oh, and I got the phone this past Wednesday. Is this something I should go into AT&T for? Thanks for any and all help.
    What OS does it have? Maybe something is wrong with the digitizer of your touch screen. I haven't seen this problem mentioned until now.
    Mine is very accurate and only opens what I touch. It was ok with OS .246 and is still great with .337.
    11-26-10 01:49 PM
    I think its an OS thing as well, as I had similar issues with .246
    11-26-10 02:39 PM
    I see that I have .246, how do I update to .337?
    11-28-10 04:49 PM
    Follow this thread, it has the download link for .337 as well as instructions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...1/#post5740955
    11-28-10 04:54 PM
    I too am having a problem with my touch screen! It was working fine till about 2 days ago and now its like it's not reading correctly where my finger is on the screen. I'm hoping this will fix my problem. I loved the phone before this happened.
    11-29-10 01:17 PM
    I've never had a problem like that with my touch screen.. I'm running OS 6.0.0.246
    11-29-10 03:22 PM
    I've trying to pay more attention to when the problem starts and its usually when I press the letter a on the touch screen keyboard. The update isn't out for ATT yet so I think I'm going to just tough it out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 03:35 PM
    I have noticed this problem but seemed to be theme dependent as the problem chased me across several OS upgrades. Themes by D Mac seemed to have this problem frequently - but then I'd hit the blackberry key to open the full Apps list and when I returned to home screen, all was well. Never saw the problem on the base theme.
    11-29-10 05:05 PM
    I'm running 6.0.0.337 and only I find sometimes the touch doesn't like to select links in the browser, otherwise its perfect for me
    11-29-10 06:28 PM
    I don't have the problem.

But then again, I reset my Torch using Quickpull everyday. Maybe the daily reset has prevented me from experiencing the same problem.
    11-29-10 06:46 PM
    I wasfinally able to get the .337 on my phone and it worked great for half the day. Then back to the same problem of the touch screen not working correctly. Does anyone else have any advice before I head back to the store to return it? I love the phone but with the touchscreen not working it's just not worth it.
    11-30-10 10:11 PM
    Weird. I just happened to switch my theme to the Blackberry Let It Snow Blue theme and it works perfectly... odd thing was that I had it on the default theme when it spazzed out from time to time. No mess ups yet! (knock on wood)
    12-16-10 11:48 PM
    #$%#$^%&#%^#%&#&%.
    12-16-10 11:49 PM
    I have the same issue. In pictures I can do pinch to zoom with only one finger. Its as if my finger is along the left hand side of the screen. I'm taking my back for replacement tomorrow.
    12-17-10 11:20 AM
    Oddly enough, my torch was messing up yesterday morning but has been working perfectly since yesterday at 10 am.
    12-18-10 05:23 AM
    Well. I went to AT&T yesterday to exchange it...thankfully I was under 30 days. No questions asked. Turns out it was bugged to begin with. The Torch I hold now acts so much differently compared to the first. Definitely glad I didn't just try to tough it out.
    12-20-10 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD