I noticed tonight that my touchscreen on my Torch does not work while it is plugged into an AC charger.

I've searched the forums for this problem and have not found anything on it. Has or does anyone else experince this?

If so, I may have already found a solution....

The charger I use in the bedroom is a Blackberry charger, but is a folding blade type wall charger with the mini-USB end on it. I got these off of Ebay and although they have all the normal screened markings of an original Blackberry charger and the output parameters are the same as the "cube AC charger" that the Torch comes with, I discovered that if I actually used the included cube AC charger the screen works just fine while it charging, thus leading me to believe it is the other folding blade AC charger.

Has anyone else had this problem? Clearly this appears to be an AC charging unit problem....I'm just glad I caught it early...
    11-23-10 05:07 AM
    Would seem to me that its the aftermarket chargers since it works with the charger that came with your device.

I use the desktop cradle and my touch screen works just fine when charging, or if I plug it into my pc to charge, same result.
    11-23-10 05:40 AM
    A lot of aftermarket chargers don't have quite enough current to properly run/charge the phone. Simply buy one that states it will work on the torch and you should be ok.
    11-24-10 09:01 AM
    I just noticed the exact same problem with a similar charger. Its the type that works in a vehicle cigarette charger with fold in wall plug prongs.
    The touch screen doesn't work while plugged in to the wall charging.
    I received this plug as an extra from Wireless Etc. at Costco when purchasing the phone.

Should I continue using it?
    If it's not providing enough current to the device, can it damage the Torch?

Thanks!
    12-19-10 10:43 AM
    I bought a second hand torch, and got an aftermarket charger wich has a higher mA rate than the official one. I had the same problem during recharge. I bought an official charger and it solved the problem.

Take care with aftermarket chargers.
    12-19-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD