09-23-10 03:10 AM
31 12
tools
    ^ well it's really hard to design one phone that everyone will like.
    and that's why RIM is better than Apple in my opinion..
    you can get the Torch, or the Pearl 3G or the Curve 3G or even the Storm 3 once it's released.
    as for Apple.. it's just iphone 4, 3GS or 3G and not much of a variety..
    there's a reason too why Nokia is the World's number 1 in terms of phone sales..
    i get lost with all the variations and the model numbers that nokia has released for the past 10 years..
    09-21-10 09:54 AM
    I seem to use my trackpad more when I'm in a browser and use the touch screen for most other things.
    So do you trackpad with the keyboard hidden? How do you hold on to the BB 1 handed, or perhaps you just use 2 hands when trackpadding?
    09-21-10 10:42 AM
    Coming from the Storm2, where you can touch to highlight and click to select, the Torch screen was driving me nuts - when I wanted to delete an email I would touch it with the intention of highlighting to delete, but it would enter the email instead...

Then I figured out the trackpad. Has made my Torch experience perfect. Still use the screen mostly, but the pad is key for certain actions.
    09-21-10 11:04 AM
    Coming from the Storm2, where you can touch to highlight and click to select, the Torch screen was driving me nuts - when I wanted to delete an email I would touch it with the intention of highlighting to delete, but it would enter the email instead...

Then I figured out the trackpad. Has made my Torch experience perfect. Still use the screen mostly, but the pad is key for certain actions.
    for me, that's exactly the reason why the torch appeals to me (opposed to iphone, strom, etc). there is lots of instances, like the one you mentioned, that i'd like the precision of a trackpad.
    09-23-10 02:24 AM
    Both. The touch option is great for scrolling quickly. The trackpad is great for making accurate selections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is definitely true for me. The touch screen is faster for general navigation and getting around, but for small things like links the trackpad is great. I still have the habit of using the trackpad when I could just as easily use the touchscreen. It's a draw for me.
    09-23-10 02:31 AM
    I am happy with both, coming from 9700 and Iphone.
    09-23-10 03:10 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD