What do guys use more often? I'm not buying into touch just yet, and since this phone features both, it seems like the perfect phone to see which one accomplishes the same task better.
    08-28-10 09:09 AM
    it's a draw. both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I find web browsing on a touch screen so much better on a mobile device whilst for accuracy in regards to spelling mistakes the trackpad is just so much better than any implementation on a touch screen i've ever used. iphone magnifying glass for example... please... that barely gets the job done in quick succession.

on the torch, im glad the trackpad has remained. could lead to having an option of disabling the touch and using it the traditional blackberry way (OS 6 is good that way)
    08-28-10 09:54 AM
    What would be the point in getting the Torch then, besides a little bit bigger screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 09:58 AM
    What would be the point in getting the Torch then, besides a little bit bigger screen?

The touchscreen is a nice selling point.

I have gotten used to using both interchangeably and in different combinations. These features have allowed me to enjoy and use my Torch even more than my 9700 which is now replacing by MIL's 8310.
    08-28-10 10:01 AM
    Both, they work very well together.
    08-28-10 04:16 PM
    Both, they work very well together.
    Agreed. I use both.
    08-28-10 04:42 PM
    I use both, also. Some things work much faster with touch than ever possible with the trackpad. As said, the trackpad helps with certain accuracy. It's easy to use a combination of the two on the Torch.
    08-28-10 10:20 PM
    Both. The touch option is great for scrolling quickly. The trackpad is great for making accurate selections.

I'm with you on this. I find myself using the tpad to scroll and only use the touch for certain applications.
    08-30-10 10:46 AM
    Both. The touch option is great for scrolling quickly. The trackpad is great for making accurate selections.
    Yep, same here. I have gotten to where I surf in landscape mode and manipulate the touch screen with my right thumb, and use my left thumb on the track pad. I almost don't think about using the two in conjunction anymore.
    08-30-10 10:53 AM
    i use both...
    touchscreen for calls, web browsing, use of the phone in general, finding contacts, checking the weather, using the calculator etc etc.
    for email, SMS, BBM and all that needs typing of more than 20 words.. i use the keyboard and the trackpad.
    08-30-10 12:21 PM
    I use both. I find that I get to things extremely faster using both interchangeably, especially naviagting through web pages or through main screen.
    08-30-10 12:33 PM
    Text selection with the touchscreen is almost impossible. The trackpad makes it simple.

Selecting small links, like the page numbers of these threads is very easy with the trackpad too.

08-30-10 12:46 PM
    Trackpad. Touch screen is ok. But I got that out of my system with my iphone that I had before my Torch. Just happy to have buttons again!
    08-30-10 12:48 PM
    Both as well, some are better for some things, and I find track plus touch plus keyboard to actually better than anything else.
    08-30-10 01:02 PM
    I use both and coming from a Bold, was hesitant to use the touchscreen at first. I had just got so used to the trackball/click method. I'm finding the one hand operation much more enjoyable though using the touchscreen options. Once you find all the little shortcut on the touchscreen, I only slide the keypad open to do larger texts/emails and find myself using the trackpad less. It's really great to have both though.
    08-30-10 01:23 PM
    That feature would be welcome here - I just can't seem to get the hang of navigating with the touch screen, but the trackpad is very nice. I do wish I could disable the touch screen so I don't get random 'taps' that take me places I don't want to go! :-)

it's a draw. both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I find web browsing on a touch screen so much better on a mobile device whilst for accuracy in regards to spelling mistakes the trackpad is just so much better than any implementation on a touch screen i've ever used. iphone magnifying glass for example... please... that barely gets the job done in quick succession.

on the torch, im glad the trackpad has remained. could lead to having an option of disabling the touch and using it the traditional blackberry way (OS 6 is good that way)
    08-31-10 08:50 AM
    Just getting a web browser that really works was incentive enough for me to get the Torch

08-31-10 08:51 AM
    I'm guessing most first slide out the keyboard then use the trackpad. Being so low on the phone, would be a 2 handed affair if one tried to use the trackpad with keyboard hidden, no?
    09-20-10 11:16 PM
    the trackpad will move around the "pointer" as if you're using a mouse on a PC, correct? that's one thing i hated about using a phone like an iphone, clicking small tedious things became a hassle with the finger.
    09-21-10 12:43 AM
    You will find that there are certain things you can do much easier with the touch screen. But some things you still just prefer to use the trackpad for and it's there. It's awesome.
    09-21-10 01:17 AM
    My 9700 tracked better the oilier my thumb. This one doesn't. Anyone having oilythumb issues?
    09-21-10 01:32 AM
    I seem to use my trackpad more when I'm in a browser and use the touch screen for most other things.

09-21-10 05:59 AM
    I find that I am using the touch screen more than the trackpad for most things, which is strange given I had a hard time using the touch screen in the beginning. I do still find myself using the trackpad for the accuracy of selecting links tho!

09-21-10 06:49 AM
    the trackpad will move around the "pointer" as if you're using a mouse on a PC, correct? that's one thing i hated about using a phone like an iphone, clicking small tedious things became a hassle with the finger.
    Yes, using trackpad is similar to usng a mouse.

09-21-10 07:15 AM
    Hmmm...weird. Most of the user's seem to LIKE the combination of trackpad AND touchscreen. Yet if you've seen any posts on the supposed Storm 3 pic leaks (which has a trackpad on it), i see a lot of "Why the trackpad...wtf would want a trackpad..lawl RIM and their trackpad". Personally i agree..i think the two make a great combination. I just don't get the hate for having options..
    09-21-10 09:47 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD