well i realize that it is an issue and it does bother me that i cant be on wifi...and it sux for the rest of the people out there and RIM needs to do something quick, but im still just gonna tough it out...complaining wont fix anything
    09-23-10 11:58 AM
    SAME problem!!

went through 4 full days of ATT tech support, getting new Torch devices, new SIM cards, AND a ticket open with RIM with DAYS of notes from them...

FINALLY they have admitted to this issue!!!

After 30 days of **** and 5 replacement's I have gone to the ATT Samsung Captivate (Droid).
    09-25-10 03:37 PM
    And you posted here, why? Doesn't look like you wanted help with the problem. Are you just hoping to advertise for android?
    09-25-10 04:07 PM
    Hey, some people have problems with certain devices, some don't. The OP's, though not widespread, is certainly not isolated, which means some combination of software and who knows what else is conspiring to cause the issue. Nobody buys a phone because they want to hate it, so I'm sure he's disappointed that the Torch didn't work out for him. If a function that I was heavily dependent on didn't work and was one of the drivers behind purchasing the device, I'd probably have the same opinion.

Bummer for the OP, but I do appreciate him taking the time to point it out. Fact is, there ain't a phone made anywhere that's going to be the perfect solution for everybody. So for anybody else who may be considering returning their Torch for the same problem or some other reason, why not let them know that there are other phones out there that will fit the bill. I'm still perfectly pleased with my Torch, and the OP's opinion hasn't swayed me in the least. So quit bashing the guy for making a decision that happens to be different from yours.

Anyway, sorry to hear you weren't satisfied; but best of luck with the Captivate. It too has plenty of happy owners, so they must be doing something right.
    09-25-10 07:30 PM
    After 30 days of **** and 5 replacement's I have gone to the ATT Samsung Captivate (Droid).

Finally ATT admitted that the Torch is having wifi issues and data issues. When your logged into a wifi, then leave that spot and utilize the ATT Data BB symbol, it loses it's settings and locks you from accessing the data plan unless tied into a wifi.

What a piece of crap this BB Torch was, should have ever given up my 9700...

Now the Droid, works awesome and much better interface!

Awesome thanks for sharing your experience with everyone on this forum. I had a great time reading about your horrible experience. I can sleep peacefully now knowing that your issue has been resolved.

I really don't understand why you would even post something like that, you didn't have a question, issue, and your problem was resolved. But thank you for taking the time to start this useless thread to rant about how terrible the torch is and how awesome your droid is
    09-25-10 08:22 PM
    Me too.... The ATT rep was wrong... not a widespread problem. Probably user error.

And from the sounds of things in these threads few if any actually called into CS so this could be looked at in detail vs just going to a store what 5 times and having the same issue with new devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 09:59 PM
    Enough have been affected for rim to take notice and issue a kb article for the issue, with no solution mind you.

And from the sounds of things in these threads few if any actually called into CS so this could be looked at in detail vs just going to a store what 5 times and having the same issue with new devices.

09-26-10 10:11 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD