I just migrate from 9700 to Torch and I'm so happy! Just two days ago and increasingly happy with this new BlackBerry! iPhone sucks!
    01-27-11 10:39 AM
    I just migrate from 9700 to Torch and I'm so happy! Just two days ago and increasingly happy with this new BlackBerry! iPhone sucks!
    This is why these threads degenerate into useless bickering. I've always felt I trust someone's opinion that acknowledges good aspects of the competition. While I prefer the Torch, I don't at all feel the iPhone sucks. It's just not as good for what I want my phone to do.
    01-27-11 11:10 AM
    I had a Storm 2. Went to an i4, hated it and then to the Torch and loving every second of it. The Storm 2 to Torch transition will be a good one for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 01:59 PM
    aaah...another iPhone vs Blackberry thread...

All I'll say is I have used an iPhone 3GS in the past and decided to move on to the Blackberry Torch.

The optical touchbutton + touchscreen way of interaction is just something I love. You have to use is to really understand its benefits. You can control the cursor precisely e.g. in an excel sheet, word doc or even in your browser.

Plus after having used the physical keyboard, there is no going back to the whimsical touch keyboard.

just my 2 cents.
    01-27-11 02:11 PM
    This is why these threads degenerate into useless bickering. I've always felt I trust someone's opinion that acknowledges good aspects of the competition. While I prefer the Torch, I don't at all feel the iPhone sucks. It's just not as good for what I want my phone to do.
    I agree with you all but I think the iphone does suck. That being said its cool. I just don't like. Just like camaro's I don't like em. Doesn't mean its going to fall apart on its way to the shop. The iphone does what it does well.

01-27-11 05:57 PM
    Well said. Seems like for some,anything non blackberry is not a real phone or is a toy and cannot give an honest opinion. I also do not like the iphone or the torch for that matter, but doesn't mean they aren't any good. I just prefer something else, which I believe is better for my needs. Im not a fanboy of any particular kind, I buy what I like,regardless who makes it.

01-27-11 10:38 PM
    Isn't it generally accepted that the Torch has much less dropped calls than the Iphone? The ability to make calls should be an important factor in chosing a phone.
    01-27-11 10:46 PM
    To me the key is enterprise Email. The Torch (and all Blackberries) are much better at it. The physical keyboard makes it easier to handle them.

For Web use, the Iphone rocks every phone out there.

For apps, the Iphone is better.

BB has the edge on phone calls, but not enough to base the decision on that unless you are in a marginal ATT area. If that is the case, get neither and get a phone on a better network.
    01-28-11 10:58 AM
    I think I've made my choice, I went in and tested both phones... I love the Torch alot better, and if I want a iPhone, well I'll just get an iPod touch.. which does the same minus the phone features!

Thanks for the tips everyone!
    JP
    01-28-11 11:22 AM
    Congrats. It's a great device. And you get a bonus if you install .448 which is now leaked.
    01-28-11 12:27 PM
    Congrats. It's a great device. And you get a bonus if you install .448 which is now leaked.
    Yea, as soon as I get it, tonight or tomorrow... I'll be loading the OS... I usually have all the newer OS on my storm2... so nothing new to me...

Just different device!! Looking forward to getting it!

JP
    01-28-11 01:05 PM
    A little late to the party, but I was also tempted to go over to an Iphone as I keep getting static/white screen on my 9000 bold. However, I have a touch, and that fulfills all my 'App' needs. Typing in that keyboard takes forever compared to the BB's. I've had the Iphone 2g and 3g, and keep coming back to BB for my phone needs mainly due to the keyboard and bbm. If I'm honest with myself, don't think I'll leave my BB anytime soon. I just need to figure out if I'm going to be rocking a torch or 9780.
    01-28-11 01:13 PM
    Get both! Torch on upgrade (or new contract) and iPhone 3GS on eBay for $200-300 (get a 4 if you can swing it, heck of a difference from the 3GS). When you get tired of the mediocre touch screen, swap to the 3GS, then when you begin to miss physical keys, swap to the Torch. I tend to last about a week with one before switching between the two.
    01-28-11 03:28 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD