Hi folks, I was hoping someone could advise me on a little bit of a dilemma Iím having.

To give you some background Iíve been a long term Blackberry user, Pearl, Curves, Bolds and up until recently Iíd been pretty much 100% sure Iíd be getting the Torch ever since I first started following the development of the device early this year. I did have a brief affair with the iPhone, but it just didnít cut the mustard as a productivity device and with the lack of physical keyboard only further reminded me as to why I liked the Blackberry devices so much.

Up until this point I hadnít really paid much attention to Android, until I saw a preview video for the HTC Desire Z (Basically a Desire with a keyboard) expected to be released sometime this month. I liked the look of this device so much that I borrowed an original Desire from a friend for a day or so just to see what Android was all about and I have to say I was a little bit blown away. Iíd always considered Blackberry to be the ultimate productivity device, but that was until I discovered Widgets. I was suddenly able to setup multiple screens with widgets for all the information that was important to me and email and messaging seemed to work flawlessly.

So now iím stuck with a big decision between the Torch & the Desire Z. I know Iíll like the torch and that being a blackberry it will be a fantastic user experience for getting the job done but every time I try to make a list of reasons to get the Torch over the Desire I end up writing ĎBlackberry Messengerí and then not getting much further, yet writing the list the other way round I start talking about Screen res, processor speed, screen size, customisation, widgets, browsing experience, flash etc.. etc...

I guess my question goes out to anyone that has long term experience with both the Blackberry & Android devices and is there a big negative that Iím missing with Android that is going to play a part with long term use?

Iím not looking to start one of those big slanging arguments here, I am a long term Blackberry fan and probably always will be, I just need some convincing and some genuine reasons as why not to jump ship.

Thanks
    10-09-10 09:03 AM
    MY WIFE HAS A DESIRE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE I NOTICED WAS THE BATTERY LIFE COMPARED TO MY BOLD....WAS HORRIBLE...........NOW AS FAR AS THE Z GOES....I BELIEVE IT USES A 1300 MH BATTERY IS ANY BETTER NOT SURE......CHECK OUT THIS REVIEW MIGHT HELP U..

HTC Desire Z Review, User Opinions and Technical Specifications
    10-09-10 09:49 AM
    I agree about the battery and this is a big issue for Android. I think your decision needs to be made on what are the main things you use your phone for. If it is mainly communication such as email, instant messaging and social networks then I am sure the BlackBerry will be better for you. If on the other hand if media, games etc are more important then maybe Android is an option for you.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD