Just purchased the Torch two days ago and running on v6.0.0.246 and when I just the virtual keyboard everything I wanna check my letters to numbers/symbols, the transition is so slow...why?

Is there any way to make the keyboard noise/sound just like the iPhone when you type?
    11-16-10 01:50 AM
    anyone can help?
    11-16-10 12:41 PM
    As far as the sound goes..I don't believe there is anything out there that mimicks that particular one..although you can turn on a key tone in Options > Keyboard Settings. You can also set the Key Rate in there to adjust to your typing speed and key sensitivity I believe. Play with the settings and see if it fits your needs.

EDIT: Nvm..seems the Key Tone just affects the hard buttons on the Torch..and not the virtual keyboard sounds. So not sure if there is an app or anything available the will give you the desired sound you're looking for.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-16-10 at 12:57 PM.
    11-16-10 12:54 PM
    As far as the sound goes..I don't believe there is anything out there that mimicks that particular one..although you can turn on a key tone in Options > Keyboard Settings. You can also set the Key Rate in there to adjust to your typing speed and key sensitivity I believe. Play with the settings and see if it fits your needs.

EDIT: Nvm..seems the Key Tone just affects the hard buttons on the Torch..and not the virtual keyboard sounds. So not sure if there is an app or anything available the will give you the desired sound you're looking for.
    The letter to number transition SHIFT just seems slow tho, what Key Rate is yours at and you run the same OS as me? I use the OS out of the box from ROGERS
    11-16-10 12:59 PM
    I'm running .337. Rogers came with .247 out of the box. I'm not sure what you classify as "slow"...but I suppose mine isn't "instantaneous" when I hit the key..it takes a few milliseconds to switch.
    11-16-10 01:05 PM
    I'm running .337. Rogers came with .247 out of the box. I'm not sure what you classify as "slow"...but I suppose mine isn't "instantaneous" when I hit the key..it takes a few milliseconds to switch.
    When i look for update, ROGERS said my OS is updated already, how u get .337?

If you use the iPhone before, you hit the shift key, it almost just happens instantly, but on the torch, it take 0.5 to 1 second to change which is kind of slow when you are trying to type fast.

Like this abc*pause*123 instead of being able to type abc123 without a pause.
    11-16-10 01:14 PM
    There is a sticky with the latest Official OS at the top of this forum. It's official..although not every carrier makes it their official OS for different periods of time. RIM releases the updates..and it's up to the carriers to decide what they use as official or not. Either way..it's good..check it out and read the forums on it and install it if you wish. It won't harm anything.
    11-16-10 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD