I currently have a unlocked 8520 for T-Mobile and I'm pretty happy with it. My friend is offering his at&t Torch 9800 for $150.

Should I get it? Is it worth it? Or should I save my money and stick with my 8520.

Thanks guys
    03-24-11 02:43 AM
    Dude this is a totally no brainer. Get the torch you'll be very happy with it if you like your 8520

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 02:49 AM
    lol yea $150 is a pretty good deal. i would do it.
    03-24-11 02:50 AM
    it is a major step up from the 8520 thats for sure
    personally it does all i need from a fone i luv mine
    $150 cant really say seems ok but i am scottish
    and they are going for �5oo over here unless you
    on a contract ? good luck and enjoy if u go for it
    03-24-11 02:51 AM
    I currently have a unlocked 8520 for T-Mobile and I'm pretty happy with it. My friend is offering his at&t Torch 9800 for $150.

Should I get it? Is it worth it? Or should I save my money and stick with my 8520.

Thanks guys
    If you really find It that necessary and have enough $$$ to spare, then do it.
    Or, you could also turn to bone dust waiting for rim to release the torch2.
    Or, if you are not in the fuzz of having the latest gadgets and don't really care whether your phone is touchscreen with more memory and better processor, then, get it and resell it on ebay for more lol.

Last edited by gbsn; 03-24-11 at 02:59 AM.
    03-24-11 02:56 AM
    lol yea $150 is a pretty good deal. i would do it.
    Me too!

And remember, you can sell your 8520 on Craigslist afterwards. Chceck CL first to see what they're going for, but I bet you can re-coup most of your money.
    03-24-11 04:02 AM
    Me too!

And remember, you can sell your 8520 on Craigslist afterwards. Chceck CL first to see what they're going for, but I bet you can re-coup most of your money.
    Bingo! I say go for it...

03-24-11 05:25 AM
    Let me think about this a millisecond or two... Yes, go for it. The Torch is a very fine device. If you like BB you may very well love the move. And the price is right.
    03-24-11 07:03 AM
    8520 or Torch are you kidding me!!!!!
    You can do it!!!

03-24-11 07:07 AM
    Would you have to switch carriers? If you go to ATT you would have to sign up for a new contract w/ them which would mean you get any phone for 200 bucks pretty much. If you are going to use the phone on tmobile (im not sure about the unlocking status on torches) then it would be a good deal. If you were going to switch to ATT then sooner the better. ATT just bought Tmobile for 39 billion dollars and ATT will not be using the Tmobile signal meaning all the Tmobile csrs will have to switch over to att phones. This probably wont happen for 12-18 months and im sure there will be a transition phase and special deals and what not but sooner the better IMO.
    03-24-11 07:48 AM
    Would you have to switch carriers? If you go to ATT you would have to sign up for a new contract w/ them which would mean you get any phone for 200 bucks pretty much. If you are going to use the phone on tmobile (im not sure about the unlocking status on torches) then it would be a good deal. If you were going to switch to ATT then sooner the better. ATT just bought Tmobile for 39 billion dollars and ATT will not be using the Tmobile signal meaning all the Tmobile csrs will have to switch over to att phones. This probably wont happen for 12-18 months and im sure there will be a transition phase and special deals and what not but sooner the better IMO.
    ditto, what everyone said, the torch is an awesome phone. but what he said is very thoughtful... ^^
    03-24-11 09:36 AM
    I got my Torch for $99 signing a 2 year contract with AT&T... So $150 sounds pricey to me. It's a great phone and I adore it.
    03-24-11 10:23 AM
    I got my Torch for $99 signing a 2 year contract with AT&T... So $150 sounds pricey to me. It's a great phone and I adore it.
    $150 with no contract is better than $99 and a 2 year contract.
    03-24-11 11:31 AM
    $150 with no contract is better than $99 and a 2 year contract.
    Contracts don't bother me, but with just a $50 difference I'd agree with you. For $50 more, you're left open to start a new contract whenever you want. So if you could afford it, in 6 months-ish you could start a new contract, get a Torch 2 or Bold Touch for a contract price, then sell your Torch. But I'm crazy like dat!

By the way�
    "Harry Yambag" + the Dora-blackeye avvy just made my morning!
    03-24-11 12:20 PM
    Actually this made me think of something nobody's mentioned�

@OP: if you stay on T-Mo and unlock this Torch to use on T-Mo, you will NOT get 3G ever. T-Mo uses a frequency band that no other NA carriers use. (Well except for Wind Mobile now in Canada, but that don't help you.)

Are you on a contract with T-Mo? For how long?
    03-24-11 12:27 PM
    Contracts don't bother me, but with just a $50 difference I'd agree with you. For $50 more, you're left open to start a new contract whenever you want. So if you could afford it, in 6 months-ish you could start a new contract, get a Torch 2 or Bold Touch for a contract price, then sell your Torch. But I'm crazy like dat!

By the way�
    "Harry Yambag" + the Dora-blackeye avvy just made my morning!
    My husband and I have a third line on our plan that we don't use and have only used it for the upgrades. I used that third line for the upgrade to the Torch in November. Now my line will be up for another upgrade this November, so technically I only have to wait a year to upgrade.
    Contracts don't bother me, especially when I'm perfectly happy with AT&T.
    03-24-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD