i have an unlocked at&t torch that im using in singapore right now.. i've upgraded to the leaked 214 just fine (deleted the vendor.xml file)..
    i want to upgrade to 246 because of some bugs with 214 (portrait to landscape browser crashed & revert to start page, scrolling lags in universal inbox).. with 246 being an official release from at&t, do i still need to delete the vendor.xml file (since im using the at&t torch but not with at&t network)??
    any help is appreciated
    10-14-10 02:09 PM
    I can't tell you definitively whether you have to or not, but why not just delete it anyway? It only takes a few seconds and deleting it doesn't hamper the installation in any way, if it's questionable then just get rid of it.
    10-14-10 04:00 PM
    How do you delete the vendor.xml file?
    Can it be done on a Macbook or just PCs, if it can be done on a Macbook can you please explain.

Thank you
    10-14-10 04:55 PM
    I would delete it anyway, just to be safe. Ive made it a habit when installing any OS, leaked or official.
    10-14-10 06:27 PM
    alright thanks noahfecks & in10se.. would just delete vendor.xml then.
    @ forcered, vendor.xml in windows can be found on C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/App Loader. I dunno about mac tho (not a mac user), but if mac have a similar folder destination for software installation (i.e. like the "Program Files" of windows), then it should be there
    10-15-10 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD