View Poll Results: Yes or No

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 35.56%
  • No

29 64.44%
    One of the best phones blackberry ever made was the 9000 and where is the 9000 2. It can't be the 9700, bc that's a completely different phone.
    So if u go with that, u understand that there maybe no torch too and u missed the torch moment which is now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I agree that the Bold 9000 was one of the best phones Blackberry ever made. However, the 9700 is the successor of the 9000. Lots of people complained about the size of the 9000, while most people loved the size. Same with the 9700. Many were disappointed that it's too small, while most have adjusted to it and love the design, like myself. RIM came out with the 9780 and people are complaining about it being identical to the 9700 and it's not really an upgrade. So they're damned if they do and their damned if they don't.

I do agree that the Torch is out now. Get it, enjoy it. Why waste another year for a possible disappointment? Although I am confident RIM will step up in their next successors because the competition is getting fierce.
    12-30-10 12:46 PM
    I would say, Yes buy a Torch and enjoy now. When the new Torch 2 is out, sell back to the shop and pay the balance for the Torch 2
    12-30-10 01:46 PM
    Get on it and enjoy the Torch. Once a tough screen and keyboard were available in a BB I jumped right over. It's a great phone.
    12-30-10 07:01 PM
    Hmm, a phone I can actually get now, or unanounced vaporware. Thanks, but I'll take my original Torch.

12-30-10 08:18 PM
    I honestly haven't thought about a Torch 2 lol. I am very happy with the Torch I have and that is available now.

12-30-10 08:26 PM
    I think you should wait for a Torch you can marry. I mean, it might not be until the Torch 47 is available but it will be well worth it when BB-spouses are legal. Wives are overrated and let's face it with dumb questions like the one you used to create this thread, your chances with a BB as your 'life partner' are better than finding a real person. But in the meantime, good luck pondering the "what ifs" for the next 50 years or so...
    Last edited by the brother; 12-31-10 at 12:38 PM.
    kwkid likes this.
    12-30-10 09:44 PM
    Torch 2? I'm still getting over the disappointment of the Torch 1. But I would have to say you should wait. At the rate RIM is going now you most likely won't be able to get OS 7 on the original Torch due to the processor speed or memory. If they decide to continue the Torch series I'm betting on OS 7 compatibility, a higher res screen, and a halfway decent processor.
    12-30-10 10:20 PM
    I think you should wait for a Torch you can marry. I mean, it might not be until the Torch 47 is available but it will be well worth it when legalized BB-spouses are legal.
    Now, that's funny.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-30-10 11:02 PM
    In my opinion - if you have ask the forum - you probably dont really want a Torch to begin with.
    12-31-10 01:51 AM
    Who waits for anything these days! Go get the Touch and be done with it.
    12-31-10 01:57 AM
    I always get what is the best at the current point of time. You could wait forever, and as others have said, after you get the Torch to, soon enough, you'll maybe hear about a Torch 3, get the phone that will make you happy now.

Plus, what's with this 1 GHz. CPU thing? a BlackBerry performs fine with 624 Mhz. and 512 MB of memory, why would you want more? This is not a PC or a Notebook, this is a smartphone, RIM didn't include a 1 GHz. CPU as they thinkg a 624 MHz. will do the job, just like it does on the Bold 9700, 9780
    1GHz CPUs are simply better. It's not only the Clock Speed, it's the efficiency at which better processors process things. Android phones often underclock to 800MHz to lengthen battery life of devices, but the processors are still really good.

When you have background services going on, maybe an app or two getting multi-tasked and want to run a game it a 1GHz processor compared to what is in the Torch makes a huge difference.

It also hampers developers because it puts a ceiling on what they can do on the device that simply does not exist on other devices/platforms.

Additionally, those 1GHz SoCs come with much better GPUs integrated into them.

The blackberry Torch is running on a CPU comparable to a G1 (in clock speed, I shall check specs to see which chips each run I haven't looked in a while). The performance difference between a G1 and a Vibrant/G2/MyTouch 4G speaks for itself. ****, the performance of an HD2-level SoC and what's in the MyTouch4G is factorable, and those are both 1GHz SoCs...

It also makes the device more future proof. If RIM comes out with an update and the device cannot perform adequately due to a slow CPU, they will ultimately have to axe that update (or trim it down, which may include useful functionalities). Same thing for RAM and Storage sizes (Storm 2 and BB6, for example).
    Last edited by N8ter; 12-31-10 at 02:38 AM.
    12-31-10 02:34 AM
    It is not always the size of the CPU that matters, it's more of how that size is used.
    12-31-10 09:27 AM
    I hesitated getting my 9650 because what I really want is something like the Dakota or Magnum. I'd have been waiting for the last 4 months with nothing to show for it if I had done that.
    Moral of the story: don't wait for a device if there's not even any evidence that it'll come out. Get the Torch (although you might want to wait until the CDMA one comes out, AT&T is too $$$).
    12-31-10 12:25 PM
    1GHz CPUs are simply better.
    CPU cycles ain't everything. My crappy little 624-mhz chip suits me just fine.
    BTW, the PXA940 can be clocked up to 1ghz. Why don't they do it? Because it works just fine at 624 mhz.

OP, buy the Torch. Nobody even knows if there'll be a Torch 2, never mind when. AT&T has been pretty good about upgrade eligibility (I only had my Bold 14 months when I was able to get the Torch without a penalty). Not likely we'll see the Torch's replacement much before then.
    12-31-10 01:01 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD